Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
prefer creep mode so I can have my foot on the break at all times since I need to pull up to 12 inches from the wall. With creep I have inch by inch precision pulling in; with one petal, pulling in to the garage with the same exacting precision is much more difficult.

I'm with you on the creep when pulling into the garage at a specific spot. Found it more difficult to stop where I really wanted to. I've only driven with the one pedal driving for one day and for me the jury is still out. I was more comfortable with the one pedal driving of the Honda Fit EV I leased.

Reactions: ybbor
Has anyone mentioned that this is V10.1? Just noticed that. I really think this marks the beginning of the HW3 branch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
So if the article is correct it sounds like HW 2.5 owners will not see cone visualizations while driving.

I predicted many months ago that HW3 will offer features that do not specifically require FSD and virtually everyone on the forum disagreed with me. While cone visualizations is not really that big of a deal, it is an early indication of where Tesla is going and how 2.5 owners may be left out of new features, even if they don’t have FSD.

You're right. At some point HW 2.5 owners may want to consider upgrading the computer due to the fact that it's completely a new hardware and processor(s).

I had seen that HW 3.0 had much better technical specs than HW 2.x, but this (from Wikipedia) confirms the huge improvements on HW 3.0's (21x faster) image processing power which is necessary to process images much faster than 2.x:

[HW 3.0 includes a custom Tesla-designed processor using application-specific integrated-circuit (ASIC) chips. Tesla claimed that the new system would process 2,300 frames per second, which is a 21x improvement in image processing compared to hardware 2.5 which is capable of 110 fps. The firm described it as a "neural network accelerator". The company claimed that 3.0 was necessary for "full self-driving", but not for "enhanced Autopilot" functions.]

Takes up to a week for new cars to get updated. No idea why.
Back in August, my new car reported an update on my way home from the pickup location.
That was in The Netherlands, so the car was already 3 weeks on a boat. Don't know if that matters.

The waiting time to receive update seems completely random, as with whether or not you receive it.
Except for major releases like V10's initial release, all the others seem to be distributed to a randomly selected, limited group to perform a real-life test.

Anxiously awaiting the new update, and this afternoon got a notification for an update. Unfortunately its updating me from 2019.32.12.1 to 2019.32.12.2. Hahaha. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Model 3 AWD delivered September 6th

While I welcome the 5% power increase I'm more interested if this version fixes the Spotify playback issues and the aborted automatic lane changes I've been experiencing with 2019.32.12.2. Anyone that has 2019.36.2.1 comment on how Spotify and Autopilot are working compared to previous verisons?

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
While I welcome the 5% power increase I'm more interested if this version fixes the Spotify playback issues and the aborted automatic lane changes I've been experiencing with 2019.32.12.2. Anyone that has 2019.36.2.1 comment on how Spotify and Autopilot are working compared to previous verisons?
I am also on 2019.32.12.2 and for the first time have had issues with right hand lane changes where it either aborts or proceeds halfway then starts to go back into the lane or pauses and then finishes the lane change.
I have also had intermittent alerts that blind spot detection is no longer functioning when there is no rain and the cameras are clean.