Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also on 2019.32.12.2 .....
I have also had intermittent alerts that blind spot detection is no longer functioning when there is no rain and the cameras are clean.

If I'm having the same issue you are, this seems to happen when the sun is in front of the car. Started happening for my commute when DST ended. I just so happen to both go to work and come home with the sun blinding me and the car. :eek:

• Helpful
Reactions: Char
I am also on 2019.32.12.2 and for the first time have had issues with right hand lane changes where it either aborts or proceeds halfway then starts to go back into the lane or pauses and then finishes the lane change.
I have also had intermittent alerts that blind spot detection is no longer functioning when there is no rain and the cameras are clean.

Just to add to that, my SR+ is on 2019.32.12.2 and I am getting numerous random errors that park assist and lane departure assist are disabled. Not sure if it's random but it comes off and on randomly. No rain, clean car, and I never had those issues prior to V10. I also too have issues with Spotify...

Just to add to that, my SR+ is on 2019.32.12.2 and I am getting numerous random errors that park assist and lane departure assist are disabled. Not sure if it's random but it comes off and on randomly. No rain, clean car, and I never had those issues prior to V10. I also too have issues with Spotify...
Did you try the good old reboot ? :)

Here's How To Reboot Your Tesla Model 3

I kid...but only a little.

We need some 2019.45 or .46 action, not these old early September builds.

Advanced should equal defunct depricated early access, fast ring. Beta minor builds etc.

Standard should equal slow ring. Release catch-up major builds etc.

I actually seen those as well but the lane departure blind spot stuff was off and on during a 115 mile trip.. probably went out about 3 times. nothing but sun the whole way.

Also, my car just got the update. :)

Boy, I have mega mixed feelings about this update. For actual driving, I love the new Hold mode. It feels just great.

BUT, for parking in a ridiculously tight space it’s still just not as easy as Creep enabled, or for when reversing out of a space. I don’t think it’s even arguable (ok, people, argue!). It’s simply fact (my own personal fact) that being able to modulate the brake when reversing inches from a wall or vehicle is easier than modulating an accelerator pedal. That’s why you read so many people “complaining” about this new Hold mode in reverse. And after the vehicle comes to a stop and automatically holds, it takes a larger throttle pressure to “break free”, which is not ideal in tight quarters and can result in too much throttle. Also, in traffic, breaking free of that automatic Hold can be a little jerky, especially on a downhill. Pros and cons, pros and cons...

Also, I’m intrigued as to whether this is entirely regenerative braking or not. At around 5mph there’s no regen going on (there’s no green line visible). So is this blending the brakes at 5mph or is it just regenerative braking with no tangible benefit - except of course no need to use friction brakes manually?

Definitely need to drive some more with this new Hold mode, but I’d love to be able to use Creep on occasion. I understand/accept that this is likely to never happen.

Also! For those that said make a profile with Creep and just switch to it quickly, you can’t. You have to be in Park to do that.

The cones are so cool, by the way!

And for those wondering, HW3 backup camera frame rate is still dreadful. One day maybe we’ll get a backup camera frame rate in line with a bottom of the range Toyota Corolla.

Attachments

• D88A8789-6C7E-459E-9B8F-7ABE99FF4D4F.jpeg
    D88A8789-6C7E-459E-9B8F-7ABE99FF4D4F.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 6F14D3EB-F6C9-45FC-91A9-33989292705E.jpeg
    6F14D3EB-F6C9-45FC-91A9-33989292705E.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Just got this. Hold mode is great, although it feels much stronger that I thought it would be. Maybe some friction brake or something is being blended in.

Confirmed there appears to be no way to disable precondition when using scheduled departure (so that one guy's entire rant thread makes no sense anymore).

Regen limited message says "Will improve as vehicle is driven" now. Is that new? Maybe I didn't pay attention before.