Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice after the update that their motors are louder when flooring it? After I performed the update yesterday my rear motor for sure is louder (cant tell if the front one is any louder). I don't know if its from the update or if its from the cold because the temperature dropped big time yesterday. Are these motors louder in the cold? Hopefully its nothing to worry about.

Cannot find much on search, sorry if I'm repeating.

ISSUE: while under AP, car drifts left to right like it's drunk. Very long and strung out "S" curves back from the left side of the lane to the right side.

Is this an alignment issue? This started happening after V10 and a front axle replacement by the local SC for axle clicking.

Anyone else have difficulties with their paired phones after the 2019.36.2.1 update? I updated my car yesterday morning, and ever since, the car forced me to keep using the key card to drive, and trying to unlock the car with the phone app failed 100% -- the app would say, "failed to unlock the vehicle" or "failed to lock the vehicle" (thank goodness I actually had my key card on me to get into the car, first time I've had to use it).

This morning I unpaired and re-paired the phone and I *think* it's fixed, just wondering if it happened to anyone else and if this is a common thing when updating the car software.
Often these things fix themselves, after the car had a change to get some "sleep". Must do file reindexing or something during those sleep periods.

ISSUE: while under AP, car drifts left to right like it's drunk. Very long and strung out "S" curves back from the left side of the lane to the right side.

Is this an alignment issue? This started happening after V10 and a front axle replacement by the local SC for axle clicking.
Maybe offer it a cup of coffee or two... to sober up? More seriously, try a double scroll wheel and brake pedal reset. If that doesn't work, make sure it's going to "sleep" over night. If all else fails, take it back to the SC. Does it wander to one side like a listing drunk on a flat straight road when not in AP (hands off the wheel)? That test might uncover an alignment issue, or under-inflated tire.

Absolutely! It's like bumper cars on the freeway and more predominant after a jog or curve in the road. CalTrans work areas where they've modified the lanes is horrible. I've had to take over numerous times because it looked like AP was going to hit another vehicle. I like it, but I think it still needs some refining.

Did anyone notice after the update that their motors are louder when flooring it? After I performed the update yesterday my rear motor for sure is louder (cant tell if the front one is any louder). I don't know if its from the update or if its from the cold because the temperature dropped big time yesterday. Are these motors louder in the cold? Hopefully its nothing to worry about.
Yep, noticed the sound change too. I like it, not worried at all.

Reactions: z06tim

I’ve noticed the exact same change. Instead of sticking to the middle of the lane, seems that the car is allowed more leeway and as a result, in certain tight quarters and curving roads, the car ping pongs for a long time.

I'm curious how HOLD works on extremely steep hills, like Seattle or San Francisco roads. If it decelerates rapidly while going uphill, does it engage brake hold without sliding backwards. I'm guessing downhill still needs some added brake pedal action.

On an incline, Hold engages perfectly without any sliding backwards.

I've yet to test it on a steep decline. It engages more regen than it used to, so it should stop sooner. I'm guessing if regen is strong enough to overcome gravity, it'll stop as expected. Might be an odd transition if braking is required to overcome gravity.

Anyone else getting a "click" when it engages / disengages hold on its own. Its not super loud but with the music off its noticeable. No noise in creep.
Yes, many/most. There are posts about it in this forum as well. I also created a thread on the Tesla forum that you might mind helpful. Be aware, however, there are many trolls on the Tesla forum, so you'll have to skip over those posts to get at the substance!
36.2.1 - “click” when using “Hold” mode | Tesla

Anyone else getting a "click" when it engages / disengages hold on its own. Its not super loud but with the music off its noticeable. No noise in creep.
Yes I get the click. You also feel it in the steering wheel which I like. I believe its to let you know the car has come to a hold or else the car could just roll into something otherwise, there needs to be some sort of notification to let you know its been held.

Anyone else have difficulties with their paired phones after the 2019.36.2.1 update? I updated my car yesterday morning, and ever since, the car forced me to keep using the key card to drive, and trying to unlock the car with the phone app failed 100% -- the app would say, "failed to unlock the vehicle" or "failed to lock the vehicle" (thank goodness I actually had my key card on me to get into the car, first time I've had to use it).

This morning I unpaired and re-paired the phone and I *think* it's fixed, just wondering if it happened to anyone else and if this is a common thing when updating the car software.
Yes, this is common after an update. Every time you update either the Tesla software or your phone I recommend deleting the phone as a key and adding it back. It isn't always necessary but removing and re-adding the phone as a key solves issues such as the car being slow to recognize you at the door and also being slow to allow you to start driving. Many weird issues such as the car being slow to switch from Park to Drive or Reverse are solved by doing this. It is really quick to just delete a phone key and add it again, so just get in the habit after every update. BTW, I have posted this advice that has worked for me for 16 months and nobody pays attention to my fix. Hopefully, one person pays attention this time instead of trying to get a service center appointment to fix all kinds of issues.

Yes, this is common after an update. Every time you update either the Tesla software or your phone I recommend deleting the phone as a key and adding it back. It isn't always necessary but removing and re-adding the phone as a key solves issues such as the car being slow to recognize you at the door and also being slow to allow you to start driving. Many weird issues such as the car being slow to switch from Park to Drive or Reverse are solved by doing this. It is really quick to just delete a phone key and add it again, so just get in the habit after every update. BTW, I have posted this advice that has worked for me for 16 months and nobody pays attention to my fix. Hopefully, one person pays attention this time instead of trying to get a service center appointment to fix all kinds of issues.

I see you and agree that your solution works. Often times when the app updates, i have to go in and select face ID and calendar sync as well.

I feel the same way. I thought maybe that it was due to the windy conditions this morning but its definitely not as locked in as before.