Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez, how did you even fit in that spot. That makes me feel like I have no parallel parking skillz. lol

Lots of practice!

By the way I noticed something interesting: in any mode (hold, roll, creep), when stopped and facing down a hill with the front wheels turned all the way to one side, the car will move slightly forward when turning the wheels all the way to the other side - even while holding the brake pedal firmly. So be careful out there!

• Informative
Reactions: elf9 and jebinc
I tried the scheduled depart at function and not sure it is working correctly.

I set it to depart at 6:30am and plugged the car in around 6:30pm. It said it would start charging at around 4:20am but there was a notice on the charging screen on the app about electricity rates etc.

However, it actually started to charge but didn't full charge. Got to about 204 miles (SR+ set at 90% so that would be around 216). This morning it started charging again at around 5:20am and then turned on my climate control as well which is what it is supposed to do.

So, is this how it should work or is something wrong?

Will be interesting to see in anyone here has had a similar experience.

Yep. I haven’t had this issue yet. But it makes sense that it would go in the opposite direction because that falls in line with my theory of reversing the motor’s direction of power to slow the car at low speed. Seems like it’s getting confused somehow. This should be Tesla’s focus for now.

Yep. I haven’t had this issue yet. But it makes sense that it would go in the opposite direction because that falls in line with my theory of reversing the motor’s direction of power to slow the car at low speed. Seems like it’s getting confused somehow. This should be Tesla’s focus for now.

I haven't either.... Not sure how good Reddit is as a source either...

Tracks left if I leave the wheel straight. I have to tilt it slightly to the right to go straight. My local SC knows about this since the last service. Next appointment is on the 25th :(

does it pull? Or just steering wheel is off center?
Either is very simple fix for a decent front end mechanic. Most likely a slight tierod adjustment.

make sure they do a 4 wheel alignment as well (ask for the printout).

Anyone else notices that the regen works Slower? Seems like I need to use my break more when driving a bit harder and need to keep distance etc

Yes, I noticed this too. The regen seems more "gentle" now, and requires either lifting off the accel pedal much earlier or using the brakes. I thought I was crazy when my habitual regen braking points on my commute left me sailing towards intersections (okay that's an exaggeration, but I had to use pedal brake). I like the one-pedal driving and hold setting, but also definitely prefer the more aggressive regen profile.

Hope they change it back.