Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.3 and .4 [nothing new in release notes In comparison to prior version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
36.2.4 added a click sound and feel in the steering wheel when the brake hold kicks in.
36.2.1 did not have that.

Yeah it did. It’s the new “Hold” feature drawing attention to the brake pedal click. Prior to this you wouldn’t notice because you would be pressing the brake pedal yourself at the time. You’re just noticing it now for whatever reason, but there’s no change there from 36.2.1.

I noticed with EAP + 36.2.4 the car slows down when approaching a stop sign or stop light. There was no car in front of me in both “test cases.” Slowed down from 45 to about 30ish before I hit the brakes to disengage EAP.

Has anyone else noticed this?

AP braking for no reason hard on hwy today. Also noticed when starting beach buggy I either lose. sound or the entire care reboots if I plug in a controller in which it didnt do before. CUrrently on 36.2.4. AP is definitely worse than before.

I found 2019.36.2.1 to be dreadful on NoAP before even upgrading to 2019.36.2.4. Several times it would signal to change lane (despite my having this feature turned OFF for slow moving traffic), start to change lane and then swerve back. It made me so nervous I disabled NoAP for the rest of my trip.

Anyway, as usual I suspect many of us will have no problem and some of us will have major problems.

After 2019.36.2.4 driving in middle lane empty three lane highway as I approached a large service truck that was in far right lane my car braked very rapidly and collision warning sound went off. Thank God no one was tailgating me.
The service vehicle was towing a very large warning sign that looked like a stop sign. it was quite scary and I hope they refine this soon, I live in Portugal and tailgating is the norm here.

Anyone noticed in increase in phantom braking when using autopilot on 2019.36.2.4 ?
Mine has become much worse to the point that AP is now almost unusable!

Actually seems better for my car. Drive the same 150 mile circuit every weekend on AP and usually have at least 1 or 2 scary phantom braking episodes in the express lane or HOV lane. None when I drove the same route yesterday after the update. Separately, for the last month or so (not this update), I've noticed that lane changes are a lot smoother in traffic and there's a lot less of the panic behavior when some car slips into the lane close in front of me. Behaving a bit more like a human driver.

It appears the update gave us SR+ owners the live traffic display and aerial map functions which concedes with the premium connectivity package trial period. I have not ordered it yet.

Attachments

• 20191208_115505.jpg
    20191208_115505.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 62
Anecdotal but my AP always worked really smooth. It was especially nice after the 36 update but went to crap on .3. It wouldnt center well and seemed unsure of itself. I updated to .4 this weekend and it seems to be better. It might be placebo but it seems less ping pongy in the lane.

Actually seems better for my car. Drive the same 150 mile circuit every weekend on AP and usually have at least 1 or 2 scary phantom braking episodes in the express lane or HOV lane. None when I drove the same route yesterday after the update. Separately, for the last month or so (not this update), I've noticed that lane changes are a lot smoother in traffic and there's a lot less of the panic behavior when some car slips into the lane close in front of me. Behaving a bit more like a human driver.

I wondering if the differences are due to version of the car (mine is a Model 3 Performance). Before the update i was on 2019.36.2.1 and hardly ever experienced phantom braking at all - maybe once in 100 miles of driving or so..

Now im on 2019.36.2.4 it happens so much that Autopilot is now totally unusable! - Almost got rear ended this morning when it braked hard from 70Mph down to about 20Mph no for reason again! There was no other traffic around in front of me or in other lanes .. but there was a car driving close behind me!!

I'm wondering if the Premium Connectivity is only for US currently as I'm on 2019.36.2.4 and don't have the option to subscribe on my Tesla account.
As for Autopilot, I haven't had any negative results from using it recently. In fact, it seems to be working better with 0 phantom brakes on my 3.5hr round-trip commutes with a mix of heavy bumper to bumper traffic (0-30km/h) as well as traffic moving at 130km/h.

Anyone else noticing that the car hasn't gone to sleep since 2019.36.2.4? I'm getting much more fantom drain overnight and according to TeslaMate the car has not gone to sleep since I did the update to 2019.36.2.4. Even forcing the car to sleep via TeslaMate doesn't get the job done.

No, I'm not running Sentry Mode.