Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone with 40.50.7 have a car where the screen doesn't crash when you change the sorting on the contact list?
I tested it about 10 times going both way (first name, last name, over and over again) and it worked fine. Fast and responsive. I could also quick scroll through the list by dragging my finger over the alphabet list on the right hand side.

Seems solid to me!

Just got 50.7. Kind of surprised due to all the doom and gloom in this thread. I fully expected a .8 push before the weekend.

Will see how it deals with commute traffic on 800 on AP. I guess that will determine whether I wave, or flip the bird to the factory as I drive past!
So far I'm feeling like 50.7 is the most stable build we've had in a while. My drive to and from work today was very good on autopilot (on city streets no less). I have 3 spots where the car typically tries to incorrectly change lanes (lane lines stop for a bit through a slight bend in the road and the car wants to JERK into the left lane) and it made it through all 3 today without issue. Probably just a fluke. I'll test it again soon.

BUT... 50.7 seems more stable in every regard so far.

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
I really just think that the software developers at Tesla should somehow test their software before pushing it to us. If fixing problems creates more problems, then given that this is for a car that moves at high speeds though traffic of other cars moving at high speeds - Tesla should test the releases. Period.

Or is is Russian Roulette every time we update our cars? :(

Reactions: diezel_dave
this!!! Yes totally! I can’t stand the way AP will brake to a halt when the car way ahead makes a turn in front of you and easily clears the turn but the AP slams the brakes. Even after slamming the brakes the car then slowly resumes its course. Very dangerous imo, especially when there are cars right behind you.
Yes, this is very annoying but since you're "paying attention" just keep your foot on a 'Go Pedal' (still don't know what to call it since it's not a gas pedal) and accelerate through and hopefully we'll all be teaching it to stop that craziness.

These software updates are pure garbage. I don’t understand how they get pushed out without anyone at Tesla realizing the obvious issues present. Now my app takes 15 minutes to sync since downloading .5. How are they putting out fixes that both create new problems and fail to fix previous ones.

do you have any idea how many test cases there are, or could be, for a full system regression test, on a car like this?

now, once they find a bug that crashes things, I'd expect that new test case to be added to the regression suite. so that way, it does not return. if it returns, THEN I would stop apologizing for tesla.

Reactions: megant113
Just got the update- and just got my car on the 31st... I am getting fake texts. Maybe very old texts? It tells me I have a text from my friend JJ- and then gives me the text- but then I look on my phone- no text form JJ- I ask JJ if he just sent me a text? Nope. This has happened now 4 times in the 30 min I tried this out. I am on a Note 8

• Informative
I can report that trying to sort the contacts by first name from last name does indeed crash the infotainment unit. I’m on 50.7. The reboot takes less than a minute. One of my big concerns when I was considering a Tesla was whether the screen breaking or the computer crashing would make it undrivable and unsafe, and I was assured that it wouldn’t. Glad it was confirmed today; I could drive just fine while the screen unit rebooted.

Autosteer is much improved over 50.1 and 50.5. No more ping-ponging in the lane.

• Informative
Reme
Can confirm, the display/MCU is crashing for me on 40.50.5 and now 40.50.7, as well. Video is here: 40.50.7 - Software Bug - Changing Contact List Sorting Option Causes MCU To Crash And Reset : teslamotors

It really feels like they are rushing out these updates before testing them thoroughly (or at all...).

They are testing it, even as we speak.

We are the testers. That's why we have a bug report function! :)

In all seriousness, it seems like Tesla software could use one or a few of those super-anal and & meticulous software testers that drive developers mad but have a love / hate relationship.
"You didn't account for this one in billion scenario". BUG.
"The software gives you 30 lives if you hit up, up, down, down, left, right,left, right, B, A, Start." BUG

I know one that i could recommend to Tesla, but nothing would be released then cause everything is a critical / show stopper for that fella hahaha

Last edited: