Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a couple of days testing. Handover when accelerating to autopilot is still not smooth I can experience rapid deceleration when letting off my foot which was not there before the Christmas update. Still phantom breaks on some of the large motorway signs that overhang. Voice commands are flaky and nowhere near as good as before Christmas even for the simple navigating tasks to the local supermarkets. Sometimes it can just sit there and do nothing with just the mic symbol up and suggesting things to say. Enjoying the sat nav view in the day though and YouTube while I wait to pickup. I am on 50.7.

Reactions: diezel_dave
Well, I can say this has been a NO nag day for me. Of course, the wife isn't home yet, so... :D

I have to say that I don't care for most glitches, but this one is refreshing. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Nag was back this morning, but.... in the 30 miles of freeway, it came on only 3 times. Not after the usual 30 seconds, but rather the first time was after about 10 minutes, then another 8 to 10 minutes after that. I'll try rebooting tonight.

Reactions: M3Nicola
Well decided after lunch I'll install .7. While my reboot on .5 brought back my radio stations it also returned my headlights to always on status even though on Auto and should have turned off when it got light enough. So far TesliFi isn't showing anything newer than .7 being sent out.

Nag was back this morning, but.... in the 30 miles of freeway, it came on only 3 times. Not after the usual 30 seconds, but rather the first time was after about 10 minutes, then another 8 to 10 minutes after that. I'll try rebooting tonight.
Are you resting a hand on the steering wheel, or hands off completely? Wondering if it’s sensitivity reduction on wheel or gone entirely.

Nope, one hand resting on my leg and the other holding my coffee mug.

My car very rarely asks for wheel confirmation if I’m traveling in a single lane with no merges at 25 MPH or less. It used to ask far more frequently in this scenario.

At some point in the recent past the nag frequency has risen and fallen depending on the complexity of a given situation. At high speeds it still has frequent nags regardless of complexity.

My car very rarely asks for wheel confirmation if I’m traveling in a single lane with no merges at 25 MPH or less. It used to ask far more frequently in this scenario.

At some point in the recent past the nag frequency has risen and fallen depending on the complexity of a given situation. At high speeds it still has frequent nags regardless of complexity.

My drive in the AM is about 75mph and the evening, well SoCal traffic takes the whole speed spectrum.

• Informative
Reactions: mtndrew1
My drive in the AM is about 75mph and the evening, well SoCal traffic takes the whole speed spectrum.

Well, it was another no nag drive home tonight :D. I was going to reboot tonight to see if it corrects the situation, but it's really nice not having to babysit the AP... I can't be the only one experiencing the no nag affect..

On the not so pleasant side, since .7 was downloaded, I noticed that the regen isn't quite as strong as has been, even with less than 100 mile range remaining, it feels weak.

No nags on my trip in this morning. I can't explain why, I just know that... and as "KC" would sing, "That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh I like it". I'm sure that the next update will restore the nag feature, but for now, I'm enjoying the no nag aberration. Yesterday on the way home, I actually hit the video record on my phone and recorded about 5 minutes of no nagging (file too big to upload here), since I had nothing better to do with my right hand/arm :p . . . . .

Reactions: elf9