Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a reddit thread- from 2018- about it doing this (stopping at the end of an exit ramp with perpendicular traffic if you don't press accelerator to resume)

Drive On Nav comes to a complete stop at stop sign : teslamotors

If yours was NOT doing this pretty much since you took delivery I can only assume the map for the ramp wasn't quite right and has recently been updated.
Interesting theory. I have not seen any reports of recent map updates but they could happen without us knowing. The stop sign location on the exit ramp I referred to has not changed in decades.

That said, prior to my latest firmware version when on NOA my HW2.5 EAP car has never stopped on its own at the end of an exit ramp where there is a stop sign. It has slowed on the exit ramp but not below at least 10mph and I have always taken over.

I recall seeing reports of the V9 release causing the car to behave as described in that reddit thread you linked to. At that time I did some tests and my EAP Model 3 would not exhibit that behavior. Some other owners had the same experience I did.
FWIW for the exit ramp near my house if I DO press it to resume before it has actually reached the perp. traffic/stop sign one of two things happens:

A) If there's a car in front of me it'll "follow" that car and make the right at the stop sign and keep going on standard AP

B) If there's not it'll keep going at 25 mph to the stop sign then FREAK THE HELL OUT with the red steering wheel and alert noises and tell me to take over immediately since it can see going "straight" isn't viable since there's a service station across the street in front of you after you'd cross the opposing lane and it isn't designed or intended to "understand" a normal stop sign right turn.
So in scenario A your car simply tracks the car in front and does not slow down, ignoring the stop sign?

Scenario B sounds exciting. :D

If I get the opportunity to — safely — test those two scenarios I will report back. My freeway exit ramp rarely has cross traffic as there are no buildings in sight, it’s a T junction at the edge of a protected watershed area near a reservoir.

Thanks. I’ve started a thread about this in the AP forum since this issue apparently is not on topic for this thread, the discussion can continue there, see Model 3 with HW2.5 on 2019.40.50.7 stops for stop sign at end of freeway exit ramp

Last edited:
So in scenario A your car simply tracks the car in front and does not slow down, ignoring the stop sign?

Yup... the off-ramp has enough of a slight curve that it just reads it as the car ahead of me taking a sharp right "in the lane" and follows it.... It does slow down, but only because it saw a stopped (and then initially slow) car ahead of it.

Scenario B sounds exciting. :D

Well, keep in mind A/B only happen if I press the accelerator before the stop sign as the car tells me I have to do to resume....so once I've learned about what it does in B I don't press it if no car is ahead of me so it'll just slow as it approaches the end of the ramp and sit there at 0 until I touch the accelerator again.

(I'll check out the other thread- just didn't want to leave your question unanswered here)

Anyone else notice a significant increase in battery usage when preheating your cabin starting off with 2019.40.50.5? I've also noticed that I have nearly full regen when leaving from work in colder weather these days (after preheating the cabin).
Re: preheating -- either manually or with the new scheduled charging I presume.

If you are a TeslaFI.com user then you can look at the raw data (about menu) before and after 2019.40.50.5.

So I got 50.7 last week and since then every morning I unplug my car get in and screen is black. Press brake and 30-45 seconds later it seems to boot up. Twice this week while driving the screen reboots.

anyone see this happen? Have not had any issues over the past 4 months until this version. 50.1 and 50.2 did not have this issue.

Master threads suck. Sorry, don't want to read 66 pages to see if anyone else has had this problem, but this update broke my Tesla. I almost always (except when it refuses to work) use smart summon when I leave work, as I am always one of the last cars in the lot. Since the last update (I've got 2019.40.50.7) when I summon Woden, he backs out of his space and drives AWAY from me (the wrong way through a one-way parking lot). After I lift my finger to get him to stop, and then try to summon again (without changing the location of the marker he is to go to), he makes an exceedingly awkward 7 point turn and then comes to the (originally specified) location. Maybe Tesla just prefers that I hobble? Honestly, it would be faster at this point.

Master threads suck. Sorry, don't want to read 66 pages to see if anyone else has had this problem, but this update broke my Tesla. I almost always (except when it refuses to work) use smart summon when I leave work, as I am always one of the last cars in the lot. Since the last update (I've got 2019.40.50.7) when I summon Woden, he backs out of his space and drives AWAY from me (the wrong way through a one-way parking lot). After I lift my finger to get him to stop, and then try to summon again (without changing the location of the marker he is to go to), he makes an exceedingly awkward 7 point turn and then comes to the (originally specified) location. Maybe Tesla just prefers that I hobble? Honestly, it would be faster at this point.
Do you know if your parking lot is mapped in OpenStreetMaps. Discussed here: Tesla Owners Can Edit Maps to Improve Summon Routes - Tesla Motors Club
HTH -- P.S. Not sure if you realize how "curmudgeon" your post sounded.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
Something making me very sad is I lost my ability to state where my destination is :

"Take me to [store] in [neighborhood]."

Now, it just shows me [store] around where I am located, which is super pointless in a sprawl like LA. It used to be SO BRILLIANT before!

"Take me to Home Depot near downtown".

"Find me ramen in Santa Monica". ... (shows me ramen where I am driving on the freeway, 30 miles away from Santa Monica)

(sigh)

Something making me very sad is I lost my ability to state where my destination is :
"Take me to [store] in [neighborhood]." ...
It is not perfectly clear what all your are defining as a [neighborhood]. suburb|town|city? Have you 'bug report'ed it or called/emailed Tesla? I'd be disappointed as well. I use 'in [suburb]" regularly.

I'm not on 2019.40.50.* yet. I use that "in" feature regularly and just used it tonight.
"Take me to [restaurant] in [suburb|town|city]."

So I got 50.7 last week and since then every morning I unplug my car get in and screen is black. Press brake and 30-45 seconds later it seems to boot up. Twice this week while driving the screen reboots.

anyone see this happen? Have not had any issues over the past 4 months until this version. 50.1 and 50.2 did not have this issue.

This happened to me for the first time yesterday. It happened twice.

It is not perfectly clear what all your are defining as a [neighborhood]. suburb|town|city? Have you 'bug report'ed it or called/emailed Tesla? I'd be disappointed as well. I use 'in [suburb]" regularly.

I'm not on 2019.40.50.* yet. I use that "in" feature regularly and just used it tonight.

But reply doesn’t work anymore. It just thanks you for your message as soon as it recognizes you saying “bug report.”

I am defining neighborhood by the official civic definition. Here in Los Angles, the city is divided into neighborhoods, and I believe other cities are as well. It was super cool that Tesla understood them, based presumably on their mapping data, because you could see the neighborhood names on the map.

But yes, my entire "in" statement is printed back to me but ignored now.

iu

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
2018 Model 3
HW2.5
Was on FSD
Today driving from Las Vegas to Phoenix when I spotted same debris ahead of me on the highway. It appeared to be a small broken wooden vegetable crate. As I was getting ready to take control to avoid hitting the object. The screen flashed a dark orange message along with a double chime and showed a object on the freeway. I estimate the object was 8-10 inches tall and 6-8 inches long. I took control of the car to avoid hitting the object.
Has anyone else seen this?

this has been happening to me. Screen is crashing a lot. When my car is first “warming up “ the screen will be in a continuous boot up loop for a good amount of time.

mans wtf is up with navigate on auto pilot and it switching lanes ? I have my lane change set to average and it will switch lanes to an empty lane from the lane I was just in , on an empty highway , to a different lane , and back into the same lane I was into. Wtf. Annoying

Installed 2019.40.50.7 last night and this morning found the following bugs when backing out of the garage:

1.) Black backup camera
2.) Mirrors didn't unfold for about 2 miles (normally unfold about 50 feet from the garage)
3.) Navigation display shows car at home. Map can be manipulated normally but car location doesn't change
4.) No AP or TACC (had to actually steer 37 miles to work...ugh:cool:)

Tried the two-wheel reboot before I hit the freeway but no change. Tried again in work parking lot, no change. Tried soft reset a couple times at lunch with no change.

Walked out to the car after work, got in and the first screen looked the same with the car location stuck on home.

Then while I was starting up Waze for the drive home, all of a sudden the screen changes to my actual location.

The drive home was uneventful and all features worked perfectly. Go figure!

I just had this same exact issue. I've been on 50.7 for over a week now with no issues until today. Got in the car this morning; put it in reverse and got a black screen. Then noticed the headlights were on and all the other issues. Scheduled an appointment but it was working again after a few hours.