Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm it is significant... The first 2 versions of hold mode were legit one pedal driving and again I am back to using the brakes often.

This might be a dumb question, but have you checked to make sure you still have "hold" mode turned on? Mine has somehow turned itself off twice since I originally enabled it. (I assume, with subsequent software updates it defaulted back to off. But I can't say for certain.)

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but two bugs with 2019.50.7:

1.) Anyone else encounter their muted navigation voice SPEAKING? I'm able to recreate the circumstances: It's when a text message comes in on my iPhone, and is displayed on the screen. The navigation then speaks the turns coming up. Super annoying!

2.) Cover art from my phone is no longer displayed in Music in the car unless I quit the Music app on my iPhone and then re-open it while I'm in the car.

023533B3-6D65-4FFF-A90D-569C8CCA82D7_1_105_c.jpeg

I've only had my Model 3 since later November, but is the bug that cancels auto high beam headlights been there awhile, or was it introduced in a recent update?

For mine, activating auto high beams stays on for a day or so, then self cancels. And no, I am not accidentally cancelling it.

I've only had my Model 3 since later November, but is the bug that cancels auto high beam headlights been there awhile, or was it introduced in a recent update?

For mine, activating auto high beams stays on for a day or so, then self cancels. And no, I am not accidentally cancelling it.
I've had this problem for as long as I can remember.

Finally got 2019.40.50.7 this evening and hold was set back to roll. This occurred on my last update as well.

Auto high beams have been working well on the prior version 36.2.4. This is new for me as they constantly turned off previous versions.

For those complaining about auto high beams stopping working. Check to be sure that the lever on the steering wheel is pushed away from you to the high beam position. What Tesla really implemented is auto low beams and the name they chose leads to confusion.

Model 3 does not have a separate position. You push it , it activates (auto, depending on settings) high beam, it moves back to it's central position (same for the blinkers by the way). I hate this because I frequently push the lever when I want to activate the blinkers, for that reason I keep my high beam on auto because otherwise I would be blinding incoming traffic all the time.

Model 3 does not have a separate position. You push it , it activates (auto, depending on settings) high beam, it moves back to it's central position (same for the blinkers by the way). I hate this because I frequently push the lever when I want to activate the blinkers, for that reason I keep my high beam on auto because otherwise I would be blinding incoming traffic all the time.

Agreed about Model 3 not having a separate position. However, it's hard for me to believe that I accidentally push the lever when using the blinkers, unless it's really sensitive. It's possible, I suppose, but then they need to dial down that sensitivity as this seems to be an issue with many other owners. Else, this is some odd bug that causes a self cancel.

BTW, not sure what you mean by blinkers returning to neutral position. A small push up or down gives three blinks, but a longer push clicks into position, and the blinkers retail active until the user cancels or it self cancels when making a full turn.

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but two bugs with 2019.50.7:

1.) Anyone else encounter their muted navigation voice SPEAKING? I'm able to recreate the circumstances: It's when a text message comes in on my iPhone, and is displayed on the screen. The navigation then speaks the turns coming up. Super annoying!

Yes, the same thing happened to me, associated with a text message.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Agreed about Model 3 not having a separate position. However, it's hard for me to believe that I accidentally push the lever when using the blinkers, unless it's really sensitive. It's possible, I suppose, but then they need to dial down that sensitivity as this seems to be an issue with many other owners. Else, this is some odd bug that causes a self cancel.

The bug, which has been around for a while, occurs when you have sentry on and someone approaches the car and triggers the proximity alert, which flashes the lights. Your auto-high beams will then be deactivated, as if you had pushed the stalk away from you.

I, too, thought I might be accidentally pushing the stalk when I used the turn signals, but it was happening too often. Finally figured it out a couple months ago.

The bug, which has been around for a while, occurs when you have sentry on and someone approaches the car and triggers the proximity alert, which flashes the lights. Your auto-high beams will then be deactivated, as if you had pushed the stalk away from you.

I, too, thought I might be accidentally pushing the stalk when I used the turn signals, but it was happening too often. Finally figured it out a couple months ago.

Thanks. That explains a lot.

Anyone having their dashcam icon disappear with this firmware? I have two USB drives that I switch off between for sentry/dashcam and all of a sudden neither of them are being recognized by the car (Safety settings say "Dash cam will be enabled when you plug-in a USB" even when ones in).

I'm going to try formatting the drives, but I think the odds of both drives failing on the same day are a bit slim.

so it really seems to me that half the time, the car ignores my app instructions to heat the seats. and immediately i sent it navigation destination from my phone, and it works, so i know the car is connected and listening.

specifically i instruct it to heat both driver and passenger heat, and when i come out to the car, only the driver heating is on. passenger heated seats function otherwise.
Mine reverts back to the same temp and seat heat settings that were on before I changed the settings in the app. My guess is that you had the driver heat on when you exited the car so that’s why it stayed on once you got back in the car. At least that’s how mine functions.

Reactions: Aellinsar
Anyone having their dashcam icon disappear with this firmware? I have two USB drives that I switch off between for sentry/dashcam and all of a sudden neither of them are being recognized by the car (Safety settings say "Dash cam will be enabled when you plug-in a USB" even when ones in).

I'm going to try formatting the drives, but I think the odds of both drives failing on the same day are a bit slim.

Mine has done this twice now. It comes back by resetting the MCU.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it persisted through a reboot and now the USB ports are no longer providing any power. I'm unsure if this is related to the firmware or just a hardware failure, but I've scheduled a mobile tech visit to check it out.

Oh.. if the ports aren't even providing power I'd lean more towards a hardware issue. I'm sure the mobile tech will be able to sort it out.

Reactions: willow_hiller

I had this happen. Sentry icon was still there, but dashcam icon disappeared, and when I toggled it in the settings, it gave me the error message you quoted. Removed the drive, reformatted it, and now it’s working again. Not sure what that was about. o_O

Mine reverts back to the same temp and seat heat settings that were on before I changed the settings in the app. My guess is that you had the driver heat on when you exited the car so that’s why it stayed on once you got back in the car. At least that’s how mine functions.

yes, i just realized that this is what it was. the moment i step on the brake pedal (which triggers Easy Entry), it will go back to the previous driven settings.

IMO, its not ideal behavior. the climate that the driver dictate now is what should be kept going forward. what the temps were 1,2,3+, days ago should be forgotten.

if it was on 10*C on friday afternoon, my seat heaters were off. when its 0*C on a monday morning, i want my seats to be heated. when i get in the car and hit the brakes, the seats should remain heated as per app. it should not revert to the setting used last friday....

Reactions: diezel_dave