Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, i just realized that this is what it was. the moment i step on the brake pedal (which triggers Easy Entry), it will go back to the previous driven settings.

IMO, its not ideal behavior. the climate that the driver dictate now is what should be kept going forward. what the temps were 1,2,3+, days ago should be forgotten.

if it was on 10*C on friday afternoon, my seat heaters were off. when its 0*C on a monday morning, i want my seats to be heated. when i get in the car and hit the brakes, the seats should remain heated as per app. it should not revert to the setting used last friday....
Yep, I agree it is odd that it reverts.

Today I was driving to work with FSD enabled like I normally do. It exited the highway like it normally would but today I decided to let it keep going and see if it would actually stop at the red light directly down the exit ramp of the highway.. and it did!! I was pretty surprised and of course I was ready to take over at any moment. FSD rocks!!

Today I was driving to work with FSD enabled like I normally do. It exited the highway like it normally would but today I decided to let it keep going and see if it would actually stop at the red light directly down the exit ramp of the highway.. and it did!! I was pretty surprised and of course I was ready to take over at any moment. FSD rocks!!

That's standard NoA behavior, it's done that for over a year now...has nothing to do with recognizing a light. It tells you at the end of your NoA route you'll need to press accelerator to resume-- otherwise it's gonna come to a stop near what the GPS says is the end of the off-ramp.

Here's a reddit thread- from 2018- about it doing this (stopping at the end of an exit ramp with perpendicular traffic if you don't press accelerator to resume)

Drive On Nav comes to a complete stop at stop sign : teslamotors

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
That's standard NoA behavior, it's done that for over a year now...has nothing to do with recognizing a light. It tells you at the end of your NoA route you'll need to press accelerator to resume-- otherwise it's gonna come to a stop near what the GPS says is the end of the off-ramp.

Here's a reddit thread- from 2018- about it doing this (stopping at the end of an exit ramp with perpendicular traffic if you don't press accelerator to resume)

Drive On Nav comes to a complete stop at stop sign : teslamotors

Ahhhh, gotcha. Ok then... I thought it saw the red light. Never mind then.

It's really bugging me the regression that artwork is hit or miss when using Apple Music over BT in the car from my iPhone. It was working completely fine when they enabled artwork over BT, till this latest run of updates.
464A73D6-D07A-4438-9DB0-E7925099A21B_1_105_c.jpeg

I dont understand something....if we use the accelerator to brake, how can FSD stop at the stop sign? Doesn’t the car stop as a result of taking your foot off?....if FSD (NOA) stops at the exit and slows down when foot off how do you get to the stop sign......I guess I just dont understand.....please help me out....thanks

yes, i just realized that this is what it was. the moment i step on the brake pedal (which triggers Easy Entry), it will go back to the previous driven settings.

IMO, its not ideal behavior. the climate that the driver dictate now is what should be kept going forward. what the temps were 1,2,3+, days ago should be forgotten.

if it was on 10*C on friday afternoon, my seat heaters were off. when its 0*C on a monday morning, i want my seats to be heated. when i get in the car and hit the brakes, the seats should remain heated as per app. it should not revert to the setting used last friday....

yeah they really need auto mode for seat heaters that not only intelligently heats seats on cold days from the moment you unlock the door or are scheduled to go somewhere but manages the heat setting so that it starts on the hottest for a few minutes and slowly backs it off as the seat heats down to the lowest setting within 10 minutes and the seats and the rest of the car is warm enough. Essentially Auto mode should just make sure you are always comfortable, not too hot not too cold maybe even steal a play from the deep rain book and self-learn how you like it based on driver profile.

Thanks for the info; It IS already in openstreetmaps, and already tagged (correctly-- in the correct direction) as "one way". And yes, my Tesla still tries to go the wrong way more often than not. Sorry I sound like a curmudgeon, but that's probably because I am. Odd that it never did that before the update, and does it about 80% of the time now. It makes me even more likely to avoid using smart summon so that I don't needlessly cause inconvenience to others. Sad, since I really do gain benefit from it since I am generally carrying a heavy load on my severe-tricompartmental-osteaoarthritis knees, and walking is (literally) a pain!