Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't, when they say FSD they really just mean Autopilot. Nobody has FSD running yet except for Tesla test vehicles and Elon.

LOTS of folks have FSD running. Depending which FSD you're talking about.

The problem is FSD has more than one definition.

Prior to March 2019 FSD was "all the stuff beyond EAP basically up to and including L5 driving" and nobody (outside the test stuff/elon) has THAT running. EAP owners remain feature-equal with FSD buyers in that regard (other than they don't get HW3 which does nothing functional today anyway just updated visualizations).

But Post March 2019 FSD includes all the stuff that used to be in EAP beyond TACC and single-lane autosteer- so tons of customer cars have those things (with more promised features coming later, though far less of them than pre-march-2019 FSD buyers have been promised)

Fun things that I've noticed on the FSD visualization:

- lots of fire hydrants get categorized as traffic cones
- traffic barrel ==> traffic cone
- dumpsters have their own class and rendering
- seeing the lane markings (e.g. left turn arrow, bicycle lane symbol, merge over arrow) projected on the appropriate lanes is entertaining
- a dedicated turn arrow light is displayed as such, but since the car doesn't respond to any of these visualizations as of yet is moot

Just got my update to 2020.12.5 last night. The Dashcam Viewer is decent for quick checks of action around your car. Easy to switch cameras. I noticed when I was driving around our neighborhood this a.m. that as I passed fire hydrants I would see orange cones appear (not perfect and not always a hydrant there). Expect that to improve over time but was cool to see pop up. And I’ll mention I wasn’t on AP at all.

I did miss Hal and sorry to see it replaced. Haven’t triggered to see what the screen looks like when triggered.

For a small update I liked the two main features. I haven’t updated my HW to 3 yet btw.

Reactions: willow_hiller