Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think link has additional info from the release notes for 2019.40.50: Tesla 2019.40.50 Update Includes Driving Visualization, Camp Mode, and More

Some highlights:
  • Driving visualization improvements - HW3 equipped cars only (stop signs, traffic lights, additional road markings)
  • Read and send text messages via voice commands
  • Additional voice commands (adjust climate controls, open glovebox, show rear camera, etc)
  • Save TeslaCam clips on honk
  • More settings saved in driver profile such as navigation voice volume and traffic display settings
  • Camp mode (keep everything in the car on while in park such as climate, music, lighting, etc)
  • Twitch added to Tesla Theater
  • Stardew Valley and Backgammon added to Tesla Arcade
  • TRAX (like Sketchpad but for audio)

Text message support is what I'm most excited about. Now they just need to give us navigation waypoints, the choice of multiple routes like Google Maps, the ability to choose which superchargers are chosen for your route and some additional music streaming options and I'll start running out of features to wish for.

• Save TeslaCam clips on honk
Hopefully this can be activated via voice command. With the amount of road rage, especially here in CA, don’t want to unintentionally trigger this since all you want to do is to save a few clips.

Perhaps they can turn on the interior camera and add "save clip on giving someone the middle finger" :)

I tried the whole "hold down Advance button or tap it 5 times" trick, but nothin yet.....
The only trick with that is that you were tricked into thinking it worked.

Going into the Software screen will have you car check to see if its VIN has won the update lottery. This takes a few seconds.

Some genius conflated themself mashing the 'Advanced' button into said mashing actually accomplishing anything whatsoever, and shared the "tip".

Oh man, I've spent an absurd amount of time playing Stardew Valley. I need someone to meet me somewhere and then be really late so that I have an excuse to play it in my car.

I’ll meet you at the movie theater in an hour - see you there!!! :)

Is it possible to save the game so you can play a little here and a little there and not have to start over? (I haven’t played Cuphead enough to know if it’s possible for that game too?)

Reactions: stevevets
I’ll meet you at the movie theater in an hour - see you there!!! :)

Is it possible to save the game so you can play a little here and a little there and not have to start over? (I haven’t played Cuphead enough to know if it’s possible for that game too?)

Should be. All the other games save. Playing Stardew Valley without saving would be impossible.

Reactions: mchas
Is it possible to save the game so you can play a little here and a little there and not have to start over?
If that can't be done in Stardew Valley, something has gone horribly wrong. It's a very moreish, yet also bite-sized game. An in-game day takes a few short minutes; every day that passes updates your save file automagically. So it's very easy to get in a "just one more day" cycle and suddenly it's tomorrow and you're late for work and haven't slept.