Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damnit! How am I expected to drive around in my electric car with voice control using satellite maps, and NOT SEE GARBAGE CANS on my 15" touch screen??? What kind of barbaric, cave man crap is this??
Don't be too disappointed. The garbage cans are backwards! Everyone knows you park them with the wheels toward the curb (aka kerb), but the visualizations show the wheels toward the street. Imagine the safety issues this bug implies!

I have everything advertised in the release notes except the text message alert/reading. I start message via voice but couldn’t get the tap to send to work. When I had someone message me, nothing happened on the car. Anyone seen it work?

the visualization is cool!

I don't have the message tab on my car either. And incoming messages don't alert in the car. Weird.

Reactions: Bloomj
Received the update this morning. Update complete, but now car is still showing downloading the update at 100%. Anyone see this before? M3 SR+

Yes. I had this two updates ago - if what you’re describing is what’s happening here. For me it only went away with the next update, and annoyed the crap out of me till then because I had the green arrow in the car indicating a download was available, and on my phone Tesla app and in the car software menu it said downloading 100%, despite having already successfully installed.

I even pinged Tesla support/Mobile support about it and they couldn’t see anything wrong at all. Was really annoying but did resolve itself in the next update.

Yes. I had this two updates ago - if what you’re describing is what’s happening here. For me it only went away with the next update, and annoyed the crap out of me till then because I had the green arrow in the car indicating a download was available, and on my phone Tesla app and in the car software menu it said downloading 100%, despite having already successfully installed.

I even pinged Tesla support/Mobile support about it and they couldn’t see anything wrong at all. Was really annoying but did resolve itself in the next update.

yes that is exactly what I am seeing. I’ll just wait and see what happens. Thank you for the quick reply!

Reactions: WilliamG