Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit of a disappointing update...

Car thinks everything but an actual garbage can is a garbage can. Lots of mailboxes show a such, a person, a water pressure washer someone was using....

Doesn't recognize bike lanes near me at all. Actually were some bikers in them and didn't even show the bikers.

Stop lights lose the signal indicator (color) when you get to the intersection for most around me. I wonder if the angle is too great and it'll never be able to read them when you actually pull up to them (too high) in my area.

It indicates at stop signs a stopping line. If you were to stop there in my area you would never be able to see any cars coming cross traffic and actually be able to pull out.

All this does is show how far from anything usable for FSD we are off highway.

And messages doesn't work if you use Google Hangouts sms messaging. Making that useless for me.

Love getting updates. And may be some big improvements for some. I now we love to praise the behavior of updates and Teals overall. But for me, I found this to be very weak sauce and reduces confidence.

It recongnized bike lanes for me.
Notice it shows the left arrow and display changes to green instantly. I'm impressed so far.
I don't think text messages are working for anyone. Maybe because I'm using iMessage?

49270208477_92497c6760_b_d.jpg

Holy crap. you're right. I looked at my dash cam videos and about 25% of lights in my area are not visible when stopped at the light. So FSD in the city will never be possible in the cities with the current camera set up.
Or when its released the car will be stopping itself well back from the rest of the cars. I assume the programmers would not let the red light exit the top of the viewable area of the cams.

Reactions: MP3Mike
  • Save TeslaCam clips on honk
Hopefully this can be activated via voice command. With the amount of road rage, especially here in CA, don’t want to unintentionally trigger this since all you want to do is to save a few clips.

It’s also illegal in many States to honk your horn in certain situations. chOklahoma cited me for honking at a red light while I was attempting to get my friend’s attention. He told me I was creating a dangerous situation. Sure enough, the law he cited me for breaking was still on the books. No points, but still. So glad to have moved from that backwoods POS place.

Reactions: ISoGrumpy
It recongnized bike lanes for me.
Notice it shows the left arrow and display changes to green instantly. I'm impressed so far.
I don't think text messages are working for anyone. Maybe because I'm using iMessage?

49270208477_92497c6760_b_d.jpg

Some else mentioned this to me - for my iPhone I had to go to my Tesla Bluetooth settings, select my phone and toggle the notification switch there and follow the directions.

Reactions: lottadot and Cronn
Has anyone seen the car showing downloading 100% for a long time? Mine has been like that for over an hour...
Yes, it looks like two files get downloaded. Mine just went to 100% (on app) and held there. I went into the car and the progress bar was at less than 50%. Then, I noticed another download that started at zero. Shortly after than got to 100%, the status bar was nearly at 100% on the UI. Then, the update button appeared. Patience is a virtue!

I have seen videos where the text messaging features are working for them. So it likely is your iMessage use.

Ahh, I just got it working on iPhoneX via iMessage.

I re-paired it. Turns out I don't think I had to. But it walked me through it :)

Notifications needed to be turned on, on the Bluetooth connection (I probably already had that on, on my original pairing).

And you have to enable "Sync Messages" on your phone pairing in the car. And the only way to get to that option is "Add a Phone" (under Music with page expanded, also not very intuitive) then you can see all paired phones and select them and change options. Also enabled "Chime on New Message".

Note: I could not turn on "Sync Messages" until Notifications were enabled on the Bluetooth connection.

It's working perfect on iMessage. Release notes could have steered us a little better.

49270301877_48970a1c8b_b_d.jpg

49270123956_044f1a1ffb_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the update on my FSD HW 2.5 car. We should at least get all the new voice commands right?

You should get everything other than the updated visualizations

Tesla knew this day was coming and still hasn't a very clear picture of getting the hardware updated.

The CEO literally posted yesterday the widespread upgrades would begin Q1 2020.

Not only that, but with the way tesla iterates on things I actually am happy I havent gotten the retrofit yet. The longer they push it off, the more likely I will get some iterative version of the hardware thats slightly better than the ones people got delivered in 2019.

This.