Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded 2019.40.50.1 and followed directions to enable text on my iPhone 11 Pro. Texts are now read to me which is great (though it appears you need to tap the screen to have them read). However, when I click 'reply'. the screen is stuck on listening and is not taking dictation. The mic is otherwise active as I can do voice commands. Sadly 'Text [name]' doesn't seem to do anything either.

Think link has additional info from the release notes for 2019.40.50: Tesla 2019.40.50 Update Includes Driving Visualization, Camp Mode, and More

Some highlights:
  • Driving visualization improvements - HW3 equipped cars only (stop signs, traffic lights, additional road markings)
  • Read and send text messages via voice commands
  • Additional voice commands (adjust climate controls, open glovebox, show rear camera, etc)
  • Save TeslaCam clips on honk
  • More settings saved in driver profile such as navigation voice volume and traffic display settings
  • Camp mode (keep everything in the car on while in park such as climate, music, lighting, etc)
  • Twitch added to Tesla Theater
  • Stardew Valley and Backgammon added to Tesla Arcade
  • TRAX (like Sketchpad but for audio)

Wow! Text messages are supported now. It's like I am living 2013 all over again.

Now... if only the wipers could be relied on. Maybe next release. :)

Everything working for me except voice dictation back to a text reply. For others, make to enable the new visualizations in the autopilot section and tap the bluetooth icon upper right to sync messages on your phone.

Wild to see stoplights change colors in real time and it even displayed trash cans on the side of the road! Will test later if the lane "ping ponging" is improved (reported by many, but I only noticed a little).

• Disagree
Reactions: N54TT
So, I have 50.1 installed and new visualizations work as advertised, but there is one very annoying (to me) issue... :confused: The MAX speed indicator, normally a blue ring, with speed limited contained within when active, remains a gray circle with speed limit within, when not activated. This gray icon blocks the stoplight visualizations. I noticed this gray ring and speed limit indicator an update or two ago and now want to turn this off somehow as it really screws up the new stoplight visualizations. :mad: Question: Anyone know how to turn this crap off? :confused::)

Reactions: ttdanimal
And you have to enable "Sync Messages" on your phone pairing in the car.

Note: I could not turn on "Sync Messages" until Notifications were enabled on the Bluetooth connection.

While I would have still preferred CarPlay, I am excited that Tesla finally incorporated some kind of text message integration for their cars.

That said, it got me thinking, since we need to “Sync Messages” with the car, I would assume Tesla would then have access to all messages on the phone? I hope there are some updates to their Privacy Policy explicitly stating they will not access, record, or store any/all messages used with this new update.

Don't see a thread on this but in my Notifications it says Camping Mode is coming.

IMG_2910.jpeg

Reactions: Autumn
While I would have still preferred CarPlay, I am excited that Tesla finally incorporated some kind of text message integration for their cars.

That said, it got me thinking, since we need to “Sync Messages” with the car, I would assume Tesla would then have access to all messages on the phone? I hope there are some updates to their Privacy Policy explicitly stating they will not access, record, or store any/all messages used with this new update.

If so, then so does Apple/Google. There comes a time when we just have to "trust" privacy policies. If Tesla/Apple/Google accessed the messages (or phone calls etc) and got caught, holy hell would rain down on them.

Does anyone have a list of all the voice commands currently supported by Tesla? I only use the "bug report" command right now.
Would really like a full list, but think in the update they will start to interpret what you want.
My problem is that "Voice Recognition" works, then doesn't work. Receive a text then reply and it won't pick up the reply after pressing the "press to dictate?" line.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Stuck on HW2.5 waiting on the HW3 I paid for. This update is kind of meh in my opinion, kind of just rubs the fact in that I paid for FSD and have not a lot to show for it and no sign of the swap anytime soon.

You do realize your car does nothing different than if you had hw3 right? The same visuals that HW3 ppl are seeing with this update can easily be and displayed on 2.x cars. They have been for months now. They just didnt enable it for hw2 cars for whatever reason yet...Elon said they didnt have time in time for the update but my guess is they are trying to get more ppl to buy the FSD upgrade.

• Disagree
Reactions: arghx7 and PaulJohn
Would really like a full list, but think in the update they will start to interpret what you want.
My problem is that "Voice Recognition" works, then doesn't work. Receive a text then reply and it won't pick up the reply after pressing the "press to dictate?" line.

Does anyone have a list of all the voice commands currently supported by Tesla? I only use the "bug report" command right now.

List of voice commands on 2019.40.50.1 : teslamotors

List is being kept current as new info is shared.