Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im wondering if there was some type of range calculation update as well. I charged to 80% right before the update and I was at 247 miles. After the update it’s now showing 80% as 236 miles.

Attachments

• B116BE8D-188D-4E87-85FD-A4AF697EDC60.jpeg
    B116BE8D-188D-4E87-85FD-A4AF697EDC60.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 70
Primary disappointment on my end is that even with the new "natural language" processing, there still does not appear to be away to use voice commands to select, e.g., "Mobile" or "Work" number for contacts that have multiple numbers. So "Call Tom Jones, mobile" or "Call Sally Abrams at work" does nothing other than confuse Tesla about who you're trying to call (making you select both the contact and the number using the touchscreen).

To make matters worse, the interface design for selecting which number to call using the touchscreen is (and has been even prior to this update) truly silly. For example, the attached is what happens when I use the voice system to call someone with multiple numbers:

unnamed.jpg

Obviously it would be great if you didn't need to use the touchscreen at all, but note that in order to see anything past the first number, you need to use the touchscreen to scroll the list, requiring more concentration/taking your eyes off the road. Fixing the voice command to work here would be preferred, but barring that, they really need to change this part of the touch interface to make it easier to select which number the user is trying to call.

Here are the release notes.
Dennisvab , I am stuck with my X5 2011 model after changing its Wall cover as you did earlier. I have the same code as you did have 2D5A and 2C58 as you had. I have been searching for you in almost all BMW forums. Please help if you have any clue on it. All happened just after changing a simple Wall Cover, My car is in the Garage for 2 months now.

• Disagree
Reactions: LuPapa and jsrawa
Primary disappointment on my end is that even with the new "natural language" processing, there still does not appear to be away to use voice commands to select, e.g., "Mobile" or "Work" number for contacts that have multiple numbers. So "Call Tom Jones, mobile" or "Call Sally Abrams at work" does nothing other than confuse Tesla about who you're trying to call (making you select both the contact and the number using the touchscreen).

To make matters worse, the interface design for selecting which number to call using the touchscreen is (and has been even prior to this update) truly silly. For example, the attached is what happens when I use the voice system to call someone with multiple numbers:

View attachment 492703

Obviously it would be great if you didn't need to use the touchscreen at all, but note that in order to see anything past the first number, you need to use the touchscreen to scroll the list, requiring more concentration/taking your eyes off the road. Fixing the voice command to work here would be preferred, but barring that, they really need to change this part of the touch interface to make it easier to select which number the user is trying to call.

I split some contacts up with multiple numbers so it would not prompt for which number.

But when that screen is showing with a list of numbers try using the scroll wheel on the steering wheel to scroll and select.

It’s more intuitive on the Model S/X because that shows up in the right panel in the instrument cluster which is always controlled by the right scroll wheel.

Just a hunch.

I noticed the same thing. 90% went from 279 to 265.
Did you ever notice when updating your cell phone with a new OS that battery life drops for a day or so? This is because the processor is doing extra duty to reorder/reindex and clean up files post update. Could be the same thing doing in with our cars. See if things change in a day or So and report back.

View attachment 492703

Agree 1000%
I like to think that the new natural language will use AI/Neural nets to improve over time.
Maybe Elon will call it... DeepVoice? :)