Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever notice when updating your cell phone with a new OS that battery life drops for a day or so? This is because the processor is doing extra duty to reorder/reindex and clean up files post update. Could be the same thing doing in with our cars. See if things change in a day or So and report back.
I honestly never noticed that before with my phone. What I mean is that I never paid close attention so not sure if it happened or not.
Also, the phone doesn’t tell me I have X number of hours left of use so even if the charge changed, I wouldn’t know.

Wonder if they have included TAD? Temperature Aware Distance! For us in the colder areas that would be wonderful to have a more accurate distance. Of course, they would get slammed for a drop in mileage but at least it would be closer to the truth. In our area 100% would probably be ~350 Km (~220 miles) or less.
That would be very cool if they did that. Definitely would be useful and let me do less mental calculations on what the “true” distance is.

Reactions: Relayer
I honestly never noticed that before with my phone. What I mean is that I never paid close attention so not sure if it happened or not.
Also, the phone doesn’t tell me I have X number of hours left of use so even if the charge changed, I wouldn’t know.
Well, I think if you use x% of battery by the end of each day, and that number changes dramatically, or requires an unusual need to recharge earlier than normal, most would notice - especially if your cell use is fairly consistent from day-to-day (like using it for work). Anyway, was just a thought...

Another thought - The range drop could be because the estimator is now taking into account your higher HW3 CPU usage; for all the visualizations and voice commands. I think it's only a 100w processor, though I'm not sure what all the cooling and overhead power needs are...

no christmas present from tesla this morning... still better than a lump of coal i imagine...

I was disappointed as well to see no update which was strange since I normally have been in the front end of the rollouts.

I did a dual-scroll wheel reboot and a couple of minutes later, it started downloading. Not sure if there is a cause-effect there, but happy to have my Tesla Christmas present.

Last edited:
I'm really confused about my HW3 status. I thought I did not have HW 3 based on the VLC dashcam video codec trick. However I ended up having the cone visualization wit the recent update. Now with this update, i did not get the updated driving visualizations... Anyone else ion the same boat?

I'm really confused about my HW3 status. I thought I did not have HW 3 based on the VLC dashcam video codec trick. However I ended up having the cone visualization wit the recent update. Now with this update, i did not get the updated driving visualizations... Anyone else ion the same boat?
Perhaps go to Autopilot and flip the visualizations toggle to on.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
There is No "visualizations" toggle, button or tab under Autopilot. Please clarify.
For HW3 cars, there is a toggle whose default is off for visualizations (other than cones, which still show). It's the new sneak peek visualizations that must be toggled to "on" under the Autopilot tab in the 3's UI. If you're not seeing this, I don't have any other suggestions other than trying a complete system reboot.

For HW3 cars, there is a toggle whose default is off for visualizations (other than cones, which still show). It's the new sneak peek visualizations that must be toggled to "on" under the Autopilot tab in the 3's UI. If you're not seeing this, I don't have any other suggestions other than trying a complete system reboot.
Thanks, that explains it. I still have HW2.5.

Reactions: jebinc
Is there any news on whether HW2.5 will get any of the visualizations at any point, or will we have to wait until Tesla decides to upgrade us to HW3.0 which I actually think will probably not happen until 2035?

I am guessing for HW2.0 the answer is the latter but maybe for 2.5 we can actually get the updates without an upgrade at some point?

(I posted this in another thread too, apologies)

I actually thought I might of outsmarted the engineers at Tesla for a second and wasn't going to post it in fear of something else figuring it out...but in the end it didnt work. I have an SR+ and the rear heated seats are shut off by software. Well I activated the assistant and said "turn on the rear heated seats" and it came back with "ok turning the rear heated seats to HIGH". I was excited but after a little while the seats were still cold..dam lol.