Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Important FYI:
I haven't read through the whole thread but in order for voice control functionality to work you must hold down the right button for the entire time you speak the command, which is a change to the prior voice control functionality.

I've never had to hold it down. All you do is tap the button and you can see the card come up with the green pulsating field around the microphone. Until this release, I had no problems with it hearing me.

It acts very much like a software bug if the first command finishes/errors out.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Yes, being partially red/green colorblind I have the same issue. There are some aspects of the Tesla UI that clearly were not tested on the 5+% of the male population with that visual impairment.
Just curious for anyone else that is colorblind, do you also have an incredibly hard time actually seeing the red and green indicators in the traffic lights. The shades they use on the grey or black background are much to bland for me to see. My wife can see them perfectly.
For those that are not "colorblind" being colorblind doesn't mean we can't see color it's just difficult to discern the difference between them. I can see red and green on a traffic light fine I can even see the red and green used for the traffic levels on the map.
I think they need to adjust the intensity of the colors.

Aight! What a nice Xmas surprise. Installed 40.50.1 this evening. Re-synced my phone (Android) and opted in for Visualization Preview. Tested the Voice Commands which worked maybe 50% of the time. I wish I could close that darn glove box with a voice command. Looking forward to an Xmas morning test drive.

I wish there was a voice command to put all the stuff that ended up on the floor when the glovebox drops open flings stuff out.

• Funny
Reactions: TT97 and CharleyBC
Well they do say that any commands you give it that they don't recognize will go in a list to be reviewed for potential addition. If they gave you a list of everything that was possible that might not learn what people want that they didn't implement. (Yeah they could give us a feature request system, but it isn't like that is going to happen.)

Hmm good point, that's an interesting perspective.

for this software version, anyone else have 'cruise control unavailable' when it really should be working?

today was clear, not much traffic (sf bay area) and for the first part of my drive, tacc worked fine. I parked the car, was out for maybe half an hour and when I went back to resume the trip. tacc refused to engage. I could see line drawings on the road (the new vis's are great!), I even was about to run a stop sign and it alerted me big-time! it did not stop me, of course, but it noticed that I was going thru it (no one nearby, not to worry) and it alerted me. so lots of new stuff is running just fine, it seems. it even picks up the diamonds in the left hov lane, realtime, as I drove. great progress!

but the failure of tacc, today, was annoying. when I stopped the car, I rebooted the display system and then tacc came back.

Your car alerted you that you were going to run a stop sign while you were driving manually?

My car it's now showing the software version as 10.2 2019.40.50.1. I've also lost my voice commands.

It's there any significance to the software version going from 10.1 to 10.2?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191225-203913_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20191225-203913_Tesla.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: JeffnReno
Your car alerted you that you were going to run a stop sign while you were driving manually?

I'm not 100% certain, but I was approaching an intersection just before an on-ramp. being xmas day, there was very little traffic, so there was no car in front of me for the radar to detect and tell me to STOP. I will have to try things again and take more careful note, but one thing is for sure, it alerted me very loudly, the display had lots of red and it really 'meant it' when it wanted me to stop ;) huge change from previous rev of sw.

maybe given that there were no cars nearby, nothing blocking the stop sign, and that I was really going forward and didn't press the brake pedal at all (on purpose, but I was ready to if I had to) - perhaps it had such an early view of the stop sign and 'thought' I was not going to stop, it raised above the trigger threshold and it 'decided' to alert the operator/me.

on this very clear road, it did what it was supposed to.

I don't receive any text messages in the car (screen or being read) nor do I see any options for them under settings. I'm running a Pixel 3XL and have HW 2.5. I received the update on 12/24. What am I missing?
My phone asked me if I wanted to share an SMS in my car. After that, it was able to display and read the text I get but it won't let me respond. Even when it hears me it only types it out a small percentage of the time and has only sent the message once. In other words, your only missing more frustration than anything else if it isn't working any better than mine.

Ok it must be their servers because now it's working perfectly. I can receive, reply and send text messages. And you don't have to tap the screen you can do it with the right wheel. Also if you say "text" it will pull up the dictate screen and then you have to send it. But you can also say "message" then the name and then the message and it sends it all at once without having to touch anything. You have to say message though. If you say text and the name and then the message it thinks it's part of the contact name and will say contact not found.