Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well in my commute in I found more things that it can see. new visualization on the highway with the new update. It shows:
Hov diamond ♦️
Then lane divider that are sticks( separating expressing from regular
It shows merging arrows
It also now says "moving lanes to avoid cones" if cones are near.

Only picture I could snap quickly as I left my camera setup at home. Bummer.

Attachments

• 90F5B2C2-BC3C-4078-B3D7-382153A133ED.jpeg
    90F5B2C2-BC3C-4078-B3D7-382153A133ED.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 97
  • CB105881-5FBE-4F51-BA10-EAECC38F81BF.jpeg
    CB105881-5FBE-4F51-BA10-EAECC38F81BF.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 84
  • F1F6804A-08ED-48F4-9F0B-6908B6DC21E0.png
    F1F6804A-08ED-48F4-9F0B-6908B6DC21E0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
How did you miss that when you had to switch them on to see them in the first place? :p

On by default.... since I have it ....(on all 3's we have .....), I must have seen it in the menu, but know I am realizing: why the hell do I need this ?

Make that space more usable: own apps/custimizations, swipe away (instead of a setting).

I do not need a show: "look what I can see" ...... great I see a lot more my friend......

On by default.... since I have it ....(on all 3's we have .....), I must have seen it in the menu, but know I am realizing: why the hell do I need this ?

Make that space more usable: own apps/custimizations, swipe away (instead of a setting).

I do not need a show: "look what I can see" ...... great I see a lot more my friend......

Its not on by default.

It’s informative to understand, at least initially, what the car sees.

And you’re the first person I’ve seen who’s claimed to have the visualizations on by default.

Do we need FSD purchased to be able to see the stop signs etc. when we have HW 3.0 and AP? I have HW 3.0 no FSD and can see traffic cones, but not sure if stop signs are available for AP HW 3.0 owners? Any news?

According to this tweet - it should work without FSD, but with HW 3.0
Third Row Podcast on Twitter

Correct. Don’t need FSD for any current visualizations. Just HW3.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
Didn’t read through all 27 pages but to me it seems a bit buggy, should have spent more time in dev/test.

Every time I try to sort my contact list by first name the screen shuts down and does a quick reboot, voice commands are spotty, and the additional messaging feature doesn’t appear to be available on the call screen.

Correct. Don’t need FSD for any current visualizations. Just HW3.
I just got my Model 3 in December so assuming it has HW3. I can see cones and even saw a visualization of my nephew near the car. But haven’t seen one change on the street (stop signs, lights, garbage cans etc..) I heard there may be a setting somewhere I haven’t turned on. Is that true?

Attachments

• EC699BF0-5777-4609-9113-59BCA4BE5B67.jpeg
    EC699BF0-5777-4609-9113-59BCA4BE5B67.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 80
I just got my Model 3 in December so assuming it has HW3. I can see cones and even saw a visualization of my nephew near the car. But haven’t seen one change on the street (stop signs, lights, garbage cans etc..) I heard there may be a setting somewhere I haven’t turned on. Is that true?

Yes, the visualizations preview toggle is under Auto Pilot settings.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I'm really confused about my HW3 status. I thought I did not have HW 3 based on the VLC dashcam video codec trick. However I ended up having the cone visualization wit the recent update. Now with this update, i did not get the updated driving visualizations... Anyone else ion the same boat?

I didn't think I had HW3 based on the same reasons as you, but I have had the cones, and now I have the driving visualization as well...

It’s informative to understand, at least initially, what the car sees.

And you’re the first person I’ve seen who’s claimed to have the visualizations on by default.

On by default..... i mean: delivered that way (tesla delivery team they set the options already).
Not important, important is that it can be turned off.

What is the value of seeing that your car recognizes a trash bin...... whats next ... the lawn mower ! In the end it will prove that it can digitize a video in objects......great for FSD, but I do not need to see that (I have it in front of me).

Want to see and WARNED about the kid behind the car that I cannot see ;) That's value....

Got the update and it's just occurred to me that my P3D- would be perfect for driving in the City (NYC). I pushed a hack there for years, the Stealth would swing around there like nobody's business........not meaning the FSD stuff but in general......

I was dropping off a friend a few days ago and the power is really nice when you need to squeeze into a lane. NoA works on a surprising amount of roads there too.

Reactions: PACEMD
On by default..... i mean: delivered that way (tesla delivery team they set the options already).
Not important, important is that it can be turned off.

What is the value of seeing that your car recognizes a trash bin...... whats next ... the lawn mower ! In the end it will prove that it can digitize a video in objects......great for FSD, but I do not need to see that (I have it in front of me).

Want to see and WARNED about the kid behind the car that I cannot see ;) That's value....

I feel like this is a complaint for the sake of complaining. You turn it off and move on with your life. Boom. Easy.

And the rest of us will keep it enabled because it’s cool af and is just the beginning. :cool:

Love it!
Two things I noticed right away. My SR+ is now just labelled as "Standard". Fog lights, etc. still work as expected since when I purchased the M3 (May 2019) it was part of the SR+ package.
Also, I now have live traffic and satellite view. Sweet. I was willing to pay the monthly fee for this, so that worked out pretty well.