Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m
I noticed a power drop with 40.2.1 and now with 40.50.1 I still don't feel that power has returned. LR RWD Model 3. Any other RWD folks also see this?
We have many intersections with the flashing yellow for the left turn lane. I noticed it picked it up on the visualization the other day. Super cool, I thought.
Same in greater Boston, lots of flashing yellows have been added the past few years. I have not seen the blinking green bicycle light though in my area.

iPhone user here and I haven't had a chance to test text replying to a group message, does it work?
Thanks

Messages sent to a group do show up but they display as a direct message from the person that sent it. As a result there is no way to easily determine if the text you just got was sent to the group or directly to you. If you reply to it then your reply will only go to the last person that sent the message to the group and not to the rest of the members of the group.

Why? See if bugs you had before are still there. That'll let you know.

There could be bugs I have not experienced that I would be curious about. Also I could have experienced some very minor bugs and not have been aware of them. And there could also be bugs that are so infrequent that there is no way to easily tell if they have been fixed. As an IT professional I can’t help but be curious about a fully detailed change log from version to version. Unfortunately it looks like Tesla will never make such info public.

Last edited:
There could be bugs I have not experienced that I would be curious about. Also I could have experienced so very minor bugs and not have been aware of them. And there could also be bugs that are so infrequent that there is no way to easily tell if they have been fixed. As an IT professional I can’t help but be curious about a fully detailed change log from version to version. Unfortunately it looks like Tesla will never make such info public.
If you haven't experienced it or are not aware of them LIG. You know what they says about "curiosity". "A fully detailed change log from version to version" , what are you talking about? I Just get in my car drive it and leave the worries to Tesla, and appreciate what I do have; not what I don't have. Then again, I'm 80 y/o.

Last edited:
I just got 2019.40.50.1 but I don't know how to access the improved visualizations (and I didn't see it in the release notes).

I have a SR+ with FSD that was manufactured May 2019. Am I missing anything?

If you don't have HW3 you won't see the visualization options in the "Autopilot" menu. The visualizations are only for HW3-enabled cars.

Purchasing FSD will eventually get you the hardware (for free) but other than this visualization there's no real practical benefit yet.

Edit: I'm seeing a lot of threads assuming that the purchase date implies HW3. It doesn't. I have a June 2019 car with HW2.5. The practical upshot here is that this is the first update that will allow us to know what hardware we have, since prior to this update the only way to know was by ripping apart the panel under the glovebox and looking at the CPU part number itself. Now it's simple - if you don't have the option in Autopilot, you don't have HW3.