Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things i have noticed is at a stoplight it is really good at annotating the top 3 lights (Red/Yellow/Green) however the image never shows the 2 or three lights below them (turn arrow yellow and turn arrow green)... Anyone else see this?

ECTO-1
You mean in a light taller than 3 lights?

I think it'll just show the green arrow in the bottom slot, right?

I really want this stuff to work, but these visualizations really are not that impressive if the car depends on then in FSD. I think @dandrewk mentioned that somewhere - that almost all the time is not good enough. It's got to be correct 100% of the time.

Even if the visualizations don't display real time positioning of pedestrians in a crosswalk doesn't mean the car doesn't know their exact position. It could very well be the animation is just a tiny step behind. Similarly, parked cars have all but disappeared from the visualization, but I don't think the car will steer you into a lane occupied by parked cars.

We just don't know what the case is, and there's no safe way to find out. Rest assured, if a Tesla should collided with an "unseen" pedestrian, we will all hear about it immediately. There are a lot of politicians in Washington (no doubt owned by Tesla competitors) that would love to pounce on such news.

Wonder if the .7 update has to do with the expiration of premium connectivity?

I hope it does not (ever) get to be like a microsoft thing. I stopped trusting MS a few years ago after getting bitten by one of their 'blessed' updates. and with win10 onwards, their updates often remove things that you liked or depended on.

but you could be right, at some point, one of the bundled updates could revoke some thing that we like. then again, a timer could easily be set and cause things to expire without a 'delete feature' update.

2019.40.50.7. Looks like I'm missing a bit of the last page. Sorry. Twenty-five minutes, no problems no issue.

IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg
IMG_1853.jpg
IMG_1854.jpg
IMG_1855.jpg

I think when I saw cones dancing around the stoplights (in the air) that I really couldn't believe it! Trash cans - meh! But why does it not look to the side for pedestrians? Now that would impress me.

Looking for cars about to enter your space couldn't hurt either.

And yes, we have lots of deer here - and I don't want to hurt one. Just make the deer look like a trashcan in the middle of the road. That will work!

Yeah, no, seriously, everything is a cone in today's reality.......

Now we got the nubies in, doubting the benefits of the lucky double reboot. OK, well then don't.

Now in my case, voice commands were working great yesterday on .5, now on .7 it's all broken again. I guess nobody really understands what's going on. Maybe the system doesn't want to listen and do stupid tricks no mo'. I can relate. After a while it will probably lose tha attitude and start working again ...

Reactions: Tomx17
I installed 2019.40.50.7 - release notes look the same as previous 2 versions deployed in the last week.

Voice commands are working better but still not as good as Siri.

Composing text messages with voice dictation does not work that well.

Sometimes it is listening but doesn't translate your voice to text.

Other times when it does translate voice to text - it doesn't send the text when finished talking. Just hangs in listening mode.
Tesla_compose_text_hangs.png

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I got 50.5 last night and drove it today.
AP is much smoother today, with much less side to side wandering around when passing trucks and other vehicles.
I’m still getting ping ponged on 50.5. I have to disengage more frequently for fear of getting too close to cars on curved stretches of freeways.

That said, it’s still light years ahead of the cruise system in the Nissan Altima rental car I drove over the holidays. That thing was constantly disengaging, reengaging, and crossing over lane markers. :eek: