Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone app is not working, also for the first time. Exact symptons as Tomx17. I don't think it has anything to do with 40.50.7 as it didn't work before I updated from 40.50.5. My wife's phone works, Galaxy S10, mine doesn't S9. I tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Still can't login from my phone.

ugh. Sorry you're having issues too. Please keep in touch and let me know if you figure out a resolve. I will too.

On a lighter note, I got to show a friend my car who hasn't experienced it. And i wanted to show off some voice commands. This is when my voice commands weren't working at all. I was like "well, this is awkward. It normally does what I say".

Attachments

• 3939C597-A24D-4AAC-AFF6-60D60B60282A.jpeg
    3939C597-A24D-4AAC-AFF6-60D60B60282A.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Funny
Reactions: AlasCon and Thp3
From where I am sitting .7 fixed most of .5. No more clicking when I press the accelerator from hold. I saw my first trash can image today. Acceleration is better. All around a really good fix from .5. Is this upgrade perfect, NO. But tesla has come a LONG way since I bought in April 2019. For all those complaining, just think how much better it is now. Also I can see where this is going and I for one am really looking forward to it. I am 75 and this car will keep me driving for years after I would normally have to quit.

Still sitting at 40.50.1 and voice commands still not heard after saying just one that works. Gotta be patient I guess, busy/holidays time; maybe Tesla will skip .5 for my M3AWD and go straight to .7. But it's a day off today 1/1 so I'm clicking the App like every hour ;-) Happy New Year, fellow Tesla enthusiasts, what a car eh?

Activating autopilot is really rough now. I mean the car needs to break while you take your foot off now and the speedup is so delayed after .50.1 I hope they address this in the patch also. Its like the one pedal driving is now clashing with the throttle handover.

This one drives me crazy! There is almost no way to activate TACC/AP in my car without it lurching uncomfortably due to me removing my foot from the accelerator pedal and the weird transition where it goes to full regen then immediately goes to accelerate to the set speed. I am sure the people behind me are wondering wtf is going on with that guy?

I just received the 50.5 update. Again another step backward. The 50.1 was really really good, wow. The 50.5 is a step back when it comes to regenerative braking. There is less braking force applied when letting off the accelerator. The car takes a longer distance to slow down. Also when the hold is activated at a stop and then I apply the pedal I hear a clicking sound as the brake is released that I did not hear on 50.1.
No difference in regen for me. I have mine set to standard and use hold setting as well.

I think when I saw cones dancing around the stoplights (in the air) that I really couldn't believe it! Trash cans - meh! But why does it not look to the side for pedestrians? Now that would impress me.

Looking for cars about to enter your space couldn't hurt either.

And yes, we have lots of deer here - and I don't want to hurt one. Just make the deer look like a trashcan in the middle of the road. That will work!
Question. Did you happen to look across the street and see if there was the metal posts that have the reflector paint / tape (or whatever it is)? I have noticed this at a light and when cars are crossing the intersection the 'cones' go away and when the camera's see the posts again the 'cones' appear again by the traffic light. I'll try and capture some video if I go through that intersection today but pretty sure if you take a look you'll see something across the street that is making the car think there is a cone there.

Question. Did you happen to look across the street and see if there was the metal posts that have the reflector paint / tape (or whatever it is)? I have noticed this at a light and when cars are crossing the intersection the 'cones' go away and when the camera's see the posts again the 'cones' appear again by the traffic light. I'll try and capture some video if I go through that intersection today but pretty sure if you take a look you'll see something across the street that is making the car think there is a cone there.

Someone turned the cone detection sensitivity up to 11 in these last few software versions for reasons I cannot understand. Anything remotely orange, blue, green, red, short, pointy, reflective and about a hundred other adjectives gets marked as a cone. It went from something neat to show passengers to something that is just embarrassing once they notice the car's cone fetish. I feel like the first version that detected cones only ever showed cones or things that could conceivably be thought of as cones. Now everything is a cone!

• Funny
Reactions: t-rizzle