Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If by connectivity being Standard, mine says that...but I have full Satellite map and traffic visualizations displayed, so...must have Premium Connectivity anyway.

I am not sure where I would find "Immersive sound" as an option, but as I understand it, the SR+ does not have the extra speakers(connected) and sub-woofer required for it.

Do you have Fog Lights?

Yes,fog lights are a part of the partial premium. And they still work.

Immersive sound can be found within your audio settings. My option is no longer there. I did get satellite view recently, although I didn't not pay or get the email for premium connectivity. I'm in Canada FYI.

Yes,fog lights are a part of the partial premium. And they still work.

Immersive sound can be found within your audio settings. My option is no longer there. I did get satellite view recently, although I didn't not pay or get the email for premium connectivity. I'm in Canada FYI.
IMG_20200101_152600.jpg

I had my tires rotated recently and asked the service rep if I had MCU 2.5 or 3.0 (my car was built in April '19 when Tesla first started installing 3.0). He couldn't tell me but I think he was a newbie at Tesla and didn't know where to look. I got the answer from the service manager when she sent me the email, "how was your visit" - I asked her and she got back to me the next day....I have 3.0.

Once you get 2019.40.50 downloaded, if you see stop signs, trash cans, traffic lights in the visualization, you've got 3.0; if not, you've got 2.5. MCU 3.0 uses the new neural learning processor which is required for the FSD (which I did not purchase). I think what Tesla is trying to do (for non-FSD cars) is to get people used to the fact that the car sees everything around it. Once FSD really works around town, it'll give everybody more confidence in it. Just my opinion.

Near as I can tell, you can't find the MCU version on the screen in the car. The service center can pull up all sorts of stuff on your car when they have the VIN (I saw on the screen at a distance and there's pages of info).

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tam and MarkBrokeIt
View attachment 495318 I would have to agree, AP is super all over the place. Some drives are smoother and others is rough. Swings, wide turns, lane changes sometimes are hit or miss. And today AP just quit in the middle of our drive on the highway twice and slammed on the brakes then gave NOA unavailable until next drive however AP worked after that just not NOA. Sitting at a light behind another car, as the light turned green, the car ahead of me moved ( like normal) our car gave the Red steering wheel of death threw on the flasher and said take over immediately. This is our HW3 car as well. I don’t know what is going on with AP but this 40.50.x seems to be all over the place. I’m sure they will sort it. But wow. It’s almost like no one tested it throughly. It got to the point where I just disabled it and drove the rest of the way. Hahah I can’t believe I was a little salty at the car for me having to drive. Lmao. Well come on Tesla hopefully there next updates fixes this messy one. Happy new year to everyone! Best wishes in the new year.

the new AP for me feels like the AP before andrei karpathy took over the program. All over the place, slow reacting, ping ponging, voice commands not working. It’s a total dud.

There is only MCU1 and MCU2. You are referring to HW2.5 and HW3. April 2019 build would be MCU2 but not sure about AP hardware version.

I guess I'm talking about HW2.5 and HW3.0 although I've seen it referred to as MCU in more than one place. If you're correct, I stand corrected. Whichever it is, you need 3.0 to see all the 40.50 visualizations. My daughter has a M3 also built in April '19 and just got 40.50 s/w - she can't see visualizations so she's got 2.5.

the new AP for me feels like the AP before andrei karpathy took over the program. All over the place, slow reacting, ping ponging, voice commands not working. It’s a total dud.

It really does feel like it's got a badly delayed reaction time not unlike a drunk person. Starts drifting towards the right of the lane then finally notices and steers towards the left and overshoots the center and the cycle repeats. Sees a car crossing the road way ahead and by the time that car is out of the way, it slows down dramatically to avoid a collision that never would have happened. It really needs some work in my opinion. My old VW Golf with a dumb lane keeping system was much better at staying centered on the freeway which is disappointing to me.

You aren't seeing any of the AP regressions mentioned here?

I just got my Model 3 and use AP for about 50 miles today( I had put in about 150 miles during an earlier overnight in Mid-November) mainly freeway speeds, but some 2 lane local roads.

I did not see any ping ponging, I also was very impressed with the smooth curves. There were micro adjustments, but no straight lines with massive corrections.
I only had to take over once, and it was an intersection which I feel will bother NoA when street support is enabled.
I actually was pretty impressed at how smoothly it picked up speed when following a car from a Red Light(since I had read that it pretends it is a rocket ship).

I have an SR+ build on 12/28-30.

It really does feel like it's got a badly delayed reaction time not unlike a drunk person. Starts drifting towards the right of the lane then finally notices and steers towards the left and overshoots the center and the cycle repeats. Sees a car crossing the road way ahead and by the time that car is out of the way, it slows down dramatically to avoid a collision that never would have happened. It really needs some work in my opinion. My old VW Golf with a dumb lane keeping system was much better at staying centered on the freeway which is disappointing to me.

this!!! Yes totally! I can’t stand the way AP will brake to a halt when the car way ahead makes a turn in front of you and easily clears the turn but the AP slams the brakes. Even after slamming the brakes the car then slowly resumes its course. Very dangerous imo, especially when there are cars right behind you.