Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been checking to see if .5 or .7 was available. Always it was "your car is up to date". I looked again today before I did some errands. I had to wait to pick up someone, and decided to check for the heck of it. 50.7 is now updating. Coincidence probably, or did I need to get away from home WiFi range to find the update?
Coincidence.

a: it doesn’t distinguish which WiFi you are connected to
b: it will prompt for an update over LTE asking you to connect to WiFi tow download (if not connected to WiFi)

No 40.50.7 yet. Tesla must not like me. I'm hoping that .7 will fix the obsession on trash cans and cones. I know Tesla is trying to make a point, but I'm going to start dreaming that cones are chasing me around town.:D

I also never met a trash can that scared me.

But on 40.50.5 - the voice commands are working well - much better today that earlier.

Gondi63 said:
You mean in a light taller than 3 lights?
I think it'll just show the green arrow in the bottom slot, right?

Update on my Stop light post... If the stop light has more than 3 lights, and the solid green is not the bottom light is doesn't show when the turn arrow (bottom light) turns green. In summary, if the stop light has more than 3 lights, and the bottom light is not the solid green light, it doesn't show on the screen. Does that make any sense?

ECTO-1

Gondi63 said:
You mean in a light taller than 3 lights?
I think it'll just show the green arrow in the bottom slot, right?

Update on my Stop light post... If the stop light has more than 3 lights, and the solid green is not the bottom light is doesn't show when the turn arrow (bottom light) turns green. In summary, if the stop light has more than 3 lights, and the bottom light is not the solid green light, it doesn't show on the screen. Does that make any sense?
ECTO-1

i1Tesla latest video shows that exact scenario. I'm 99.9% sure of it as I looked at it and backed up the video to watch it again.
Title: New Tesla Update 2019.40.50.7 - FSD Vision

Reactions: ECTO-1
Just loaded 2019.40.50.7 on my SR+. The voice commands worked flawlessly using the right steering wheel button in my garage connected to wi-fi. Always recognized my voice. I did not go for a drive to verify performance on a cell link. The only weirdness I noticed was when I pulled up my contact list from the phone app and sorted on the last name the display rebooted and I saw the Tesla "T" for about 3 seconds. The reboot seemed to be shorter than the two button press initiated reboot. This occurred 2 out of 2 times.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I just did the Bay Area merge o' death in high speed NOA to test 50.7. That's taking highway 80W to the Maze where Bay Bridge traffic and 80 and 580 merge and split, and then try clawing through the lanes to get onto 24E towards Concord. There are buttresses flying cars above you, and below, it's a concrete water slide ball o' yarn. There are always drivers darting every which way trying to slip in where they wanted to go, others realizing they're totally in the wrong fork and making a harakiri dash across several lanes of dense traffic. It's a panic, and the fact that accidents aren't happening there every half hour is proof of Man's unending potential. I'm too nervous to do this in manual these days, what with 360 degrees of blind spots they're coming at ya fast and crazy, it's like landing a small plane at an international airport among the 747s ;-)

View attachment 495513

Nicki my Model 3 did it at 65+ in NOA like a champ, slowing for some lane jumping crazies and speeding up to get ahead of others. This is where the 50.40.X software shines. Given a high enough ceiling speed the car smartly DIVES through these encounters. It's astounding. I just kept a hand on the wheel and let 'er rip. I'd come from the Richmond bridge all the way there and then to home off Highway 13, that's a lot of lane changes, 100% in NOA. Version 2019.50.40.7 earned a pass. But I wasn't sure, entering the Maze, and just watching it was so intense that when I got home I lay down ... in my coat and ... fell asleep for an hour.
Post the video if can...

Reactions: Richt
the display CRASHED, more like it. that was the cause of the reboot.

wow. processing an address list causes a crash? and that passed QA testing? come on tesla. get with it!

Can confirm, the display/MCU is crashing for me on 40.50.5 and now 40.50.7, as well. Video is here: 40.50.7 - Software Bug - Changing Contact List Sorting Option Causes MCU To Crash And Reset : teslamotors

It really feels like they are rushing out these updates before testing them thoroughly (or at all...).

Reactions: dahaz22
These software updates are pure garbage. I don’t understand how they get pushed out without anyone at Tesla realizing the obvious issues present. Now my app takes 15 minutes to sync since downloading .5. How are they putting out fixes that both create new problems and fail to fix previous ones.

Reactions: diezel_dave
Now my app takes 15 minutes to sync since downloading .5.

Do you mean it takes the app a while to connect to your car? If so it could have been a temporary server issue.

How are they putting out fixes that both create new problems and fail to fix previous ones.

I’m guessing you don’t write software for a living?
B98B08D0-A016-4A84-8848-098C5A7AA066.png