Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installing 50.7 over 50.5 I don't know if anyone is still getting this but lets say I join a duel carriageway. Foot down I am building speed I get to 50 but the limit is 70 and I activate autopilot and then pull my foot off. I am very much used to the car taking it away there and going up to the speed limit. However about 30 mins ago again the car behind me started catching up fast as despite autopilot engaged its so slow to pick up speed that the car start to regenerate and break that I have to then hit the throttle quick. Something is not right here... Anyone else still getting this? Before the .50.1 I never had this.

I do not write software, but am familiar with the process/inherent difficulties. That said, they are a manufacturer who prides themselves in tech and create vehicles which require proper software to run safely. I would expect more from such a company.

Except in this case it seems it was a patch(.50 with new visualizations) which was pushed from the top come hell or high water. The "Holiday edition" was going to ship no matter what state it was in.
Unlike the usual, slow roll-outs spreading across the fleet, TeslaFi showed 1 user on 50, then 50.1 went to all cars in their dataset for a day or 2(at least 12/26 I think 12/25 also), then 50.5 showed up for many, and 50.7 for most(I am still on 50.5).

Hopefully they get it stable soon, and then go back to their typical staged releases....until the next deadline creates a rushed/undertested branch getting into the wild.

Reactions: joelliot
Except in this case it seems it was a patch(.50 with new visualizations) which was pushed from the top come hell or high water. The "Holiday edition" was going to ship no matter what state it was in.
Unlike the usual, slow roll-outs spreading across the fleet, TeslaFi showed 1 user on 50, then 50.1 went to all cars in their dataset for a day or 2(at least 12/26 I think 12/25 also), then 50.5 showed up for many, and 50.7 for most(I am still on 50.5).

Hopefully they get it stable soon, and then go back to their typical staged releases....until the next deadline creates a rushed/undertested branch getting into the wild.

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.[1]

— Tom Cargill, Bell Labs

Don't forget the short-lived 40.50.6 release...

I have an April 2019 SR+ and on my car it still says it is a Standard Plus. I haven't checked for immersive sound but haven't noticed a difference in my sound with the latest updates.

if immersive is missing I would contact Tesla to get it fixed. The SR+ comes with immersive sound (not the extra speakers hooked up but some algorithm that makes it sound a bit better).

yeah i have schedule appointment with Tesla to get this sorted out.

Check out this list.

Model 3 Standard Range Plus all happened after a recent update. 2019.40.50.1

None fo these systems are working

1. rear camera not working
2. Auto steer
3. Cruise control
4. Driver auto up and down window
5. Navigation
6. Intermittent day-night auto switch not work
7. Auto wipers not working
8. Fan or something under frunk runs as soon as I enter the car and for 5-10 mins after I leave. really loud 75 decibels almost as loud as my diesel BMW
9. All advanced safety features: Fwd collision warning, lane departure
10. Sentry mode not working.

The car is pretty much basic. anyone else having issues?

Check out this list.

Model 3 Standard Range Plus all happened after a recent update. 2019.40.50.1

None fo these systems are working

1. rear camera not working
2. Auto steer
3. Cruise control
4. Driver auto up and down window
5. Navigation
6. Intermittent day-night auto switch not work
7. Auto wipers not working
8. Fan or something under frunk runs as soon as I enter the car and for 5-10 mins after I leave. really loud 75 decibels almost as loud as my diesel BMW
9. All advanced safety features: Fwd collision warning, lane departure
10. Sentry mode not working.

The car is pretty much basic. anyone else having issues?

I'm on 40.50.1 and haven't noticed one issue on this list.

Just did a bunch of driving around town this morning after upgrading to 40.50.7. Not exactly sure what .7 was supposed to fix over .5 but all of the bugs that have bothered me are still there. Display still completely crashes when sorting phone contacts. Driving information portion of display still crashes and AP/TACC cannot be enabled when driving around with web browser open. Car still frantically jerks right and left while it tries to center in the widened area created by a branching off turn lane (one of the worst things for me). Pulling away in stopped traffic behind a lead car still takes too long before the car starts moving which makes it seem like you aren't paying attention to the lights. Car still wobbles side to side in the lane when going around a curve.

40.2.1 was sooo good at following the lane marking on the left side and ignoring widening or disappearing lane lines on the right side. I just cannot fathom why they changed that behavior to how it is now.

Reactions: Frunkenstein
After installing 50.7 over 50.5 I don't know if anyone is still getting this but lets say I join a duel carriageway. Foot down I am building speed I get to 50 but the limit is 70 and I activate autopilot and then pull my foot off. I am very much used to the car taking it away there and going up to the speed limit. However about 30 mins ago again the car behind me started catching up fast as despite autopilot engaged its so slow to pick up speed that the car start to regenerate and break that I have to then hit the throttle quick. Something is not right here... Anyone else still getting this? Before the .50.1 I never had this.

I just had something like this happen to me twice while driving around town today. I had the limit set to 45 and I was stopped behind another car. That car pulled away and after mine waited awkwardly long (which is normal unfortunately), it started moving forward but the problem was, it got up to like 10 MPH and stopped accelerating even though the lead car was probably 100 feet away by the time I noticed that my car decided that it wanted to clog up traffic. I had to hit the accelerator and only then did my car leap in to action and speed ahead to catch up to the lead car. I have never seen anything like that in the past. While it was happening, I looked at the screen to see if the car thought there was something in front of me that would explain its lethargic pull-away but nope, it clearly showed the lead car quickly pulling ahead. It only did it just the two times out of dozens of similar situations so it is really bizarre for sure.

Ahh, while that is good to know it doesn’t necessarily speak to the perceived lack of quality control over software updates (which also impact the various other driving elements.

Exactly! It isn't like these are crazy bugs where you have to turn the left blinker on, press the brake for 3 seconds, turn the wipers to 3 then 1 then 2, put it in drive then reverse then neutral and say "bloody marry bloody marry bloody marry" while the voice control is listening all in a specific sequence which then causes the horn to honk once. These are bugs that the average user will encounter on a daily basis and they negatively impact the user experience and safety of the car, in my opinion.

If they can't get the "simple" stuff right, what other latent bugs are lurking deep within the car's control systems? That's my fear given my experience working with high reliability and safety critical equipment in my line of work.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
Got 50.7 this morning and it's likely just a placebo effect but autopilot seemed a bit smoother with less ping ponging going on.
Does anyone with 40.50.7 have a car where the screen doesn't crash when you change the sorting on the contact list?
Getting ready to head to my car now so I'll check it out and report back. I got 40.50.7 this morning. I've never tried to sort my contacts but I'll give it shot and let you know.

Reactions: diezel_dave
Got an update notice a few minutes ago for 2019.40.50.7. Says suspension may be lowered during the 25 min update.
Oh, you haven't heard? Suspension may be lowered for better handling and performance to ensure all Teslas have successfully received this option. IF you want the permanent handling performance update, please go to your phone and directly under the 0-60mph 0.5sec performance option, for $750, you can permanently receive this and future performance-tuned suspension upgrades..... ;-))