Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my 2020 LR AWD today, having had a 2019 in the exact same config. I can't say I notice any considerable difference in the amount of road noise in the vehicle, however I immediately noticed that the seat height adjustability is reduced. I used to have my seat about an inch up from the lowest setting on my '19, however on the '20 I have the seat as low as it will go and it still feels a bit high for me. This isn't something I have seen anyone else mention yet.
I do prefer to sit a bit higher to give "Feet" room for the rear passengers. On the lowest setting, their is literally no space for feet to slide under.

I'm pretty sure Tesla tweaked the efficiency of the model 3. I've owned mine now for 700 miles, drive normal but on highways quite a bit (slam my foot down at least twice every drive)

700 miles in I'm averaging a lifetime 215 wh/mi that's what, 340ish miles on a full charge? A bit better than the rated range. I look every drive and stunned to see 200 wh/mi or less when not driving a lot on the highway.

Edit: car was produced 2/20.

in comparison between a M3 Perf. 09/2019 (523xxx) and my new M3 Perf from 03/2020 (682xxx) (delivery date):
the newer one..
- 13.2 actual mass of the vehicle (coc) is 87kg more!
- cabin sound is quieter
- rear drive unit acceleration sound is louder
- panel gaps are better
- paint is not as good as the old one (tint stains)
- less scratches overall especially in the interior!

in comparison between a M3 Perf. 09/2019 (523xxx) and my new M3 Perf from 03/2020 (682xxx) (delivery date):
the newer one..
- 13.2 actual mass of the vehicle (coc) is 87kg more!
- cabin sound is quieter
- rear drive unit acceleration sound is louder
- panel gaps are better
- paint is not as good as the old one (tint stains)
- less scratches overall especially in the interior!
I wonder if some of the added mass is extra sound insulation. Have you actually measured the difference between the two cars?

What exactly was getting scratched in the interior for you? I haven't noticed much of that except for marks on the door kick panel or w/e

I wonder if some of the added mass is extra sound insulation. Have you actually measured the difference between the two cars?

What exactly was getting scratched in the interior for you? I haven't noticed much of that except for marks on the door kick panel or w/e

- no, no measuring, just my subjective opinion
- scratches on the steering wheels (stripes), also on the drivers seat, little hole in the center console side cover, scratches on the aluminum stripe under the glove box......

I dont (think i) have soft close for the frunk (Feb 2020 build). It certainly doesn't seem "easy" to close- much more pressure needed than for the trunk. Obviously a different mechanism as well.

Thinkin about changing out the struts, but the only ones I've heard good reviews on have seemingly been sold out for months ( Strut Upgrades for Model 3 ).
My January 2020 build (Australian model) SR+ is still 2 handed close too...