Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if anyone noticed that the trunk carpet used to be made of a single piece, including the subtrunk box and the carpet liner.

I noticed the Model 3 has now two independent pieces, one for the rear sub-trunk and a second one for the liner behind the rear seat.

- Does any one noticed this difference, and when did it occurred?

View attachment 585373

View attachment 585374
My car is built May 2019 and has two different pieces.

Sad situation.
From Germany is coming the evidence that, depending on VINs and the E3D (82 kWh) or E5D (77 kWh) code, the car can or cannot be equipped with the 82 kWh new battery or the 77 kWh bat and have or have not the new headlight (EU models). The latter seems to start from VIN 820XX

And i've got a 2021 with E5D (77 kWh) and vin 815XX so presumably without new headlight :(

Sad situation.
From Germany is coming the evidence that, depending on VINs and the E3D (82 kWh) or E5D (77 kWh) code, the car can or cannot be equipped with the 82 kWh new battery or the 77 kWh bat and have or have not the new headlight (EU models). The latter seems to start from VIN 820XX

And i've got a 2021 with E5D (77 kWh) and vin 815XX so presumably without new headlight :(
Could you provide more details? I know there's coding that has to be done even if you swap out headlights that are "compatible" (whatever that means). I think Tesla may be able to do this over the phone, from what I've heard...

I have both 19 & 20MY and here are the differences/changes:
1. I feel it's quieter while driving. Less wind noise from roof and window seals.
2. Window seals are stiffer rubber. Possible revised design or new vendor?
3. Fenders not touching the body at the A-pillar (the rust issue)
4. Slightly stiffer trunk carpet lining. (sides and where trunk lights mount)
5. No frunk carpet mat from factory anymore.

Everything else I have examined is identical. As ownership time continues I may find more differences

From our research we found out that there is also a slight margin of error in the cabin dimensions on the 2019 and the number is even less with the 2020 M3.