Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my 2020 SR+ today, both at delivery and after end of day charging the full range is calculated at 244 miles, so I consider that a 250 miles car. Also even at the service center I got notification for 2019.40.2 update, want to try the 170kw SC but there aren't any V3 close by. I don't feel the car is quieter compare to an early 2019 build, but that's just me. The pedestrian warning sound doesn't bother me at all. Frunk hook is gone but looks like the actual hook should fit just fine, we just need to find a Part Number for it.

Because they use a 2019 model to sell another product: 2020 model.

That's like me letting you taste Nutella pre 2018 recipe change (more cacao), to sell you the 2019 recipe (less cacao). Without telling you the model you will actually receive will be slightly different.

Especially since Tesla doesn't sell you 2019 or 2020 models. They just sell you a "Model 3". The 2019 model in the showroom is what made me decide to purchase, not a 2020 model.

Guess you need to read up on false advertisement laws in Europe, but this definitely falls under it.

That's like me letting you taste Nutella pre 2018 recipe change (more cacao), to sell you the 2019 recipe (less cacao). Without telling you the model you will actually receive will be slightly different.

Especially since Tesla doesn't sell you 2019 or 2020 models. They just sell you a "Model 3". The 2019 model in the showroom is what made me decide to purchase, not a 2020 model.

Guess you need to read up on false advertisement laws in Europe, but this definitely falls under it.

Can you cite the specific law? Because I'm dubious it'd cover something like that since they don't "advertise" the frunk hooks in the first place... and "accesory hooks in auxiliary storage" isn't, even remotely, comparable to a fundamental difference like "taste of a thing purchased primarily for the taste"

Reactions: ICON and hoang51
Can you cite the specific law? Because I'm dubious it'd cover something like that since they don't "advertise" the frunk hooks in the first place... and "accesory hooks in auxiliary storage" isn't, even remotely, comparable to a fundamental difference like "taste of a thing purchased primarily for the taste"

They show you Model 3 (2019) it has feature ABCDEFG you go ahead and purchase the Model 3. It gets delivered and has feature ABCDE.

That is false advertisement, period.

I don't really care... but it's not allowed. It would've been fine if they had told me, if you purchase model 3 now, it might not have xyz. If I then still go ahead with the purchase I knew what I was getting.

Also the dead pedal is clearly visible on the website, even when you order today. However, it is no longer there when you take delivery of a 2020 vehicle.

Well.. you might not like it, but Tesla (and any other car company) can change these kind of things, even in Europe (why wouldn't they be able to do it overhere in Europe??). As long as they don't remove essential items such as the steering wheel or engine, they can change small things.

That's why the have their legal section on the website: Privacy & Legal | Tesla. The disclaimer is there to change small items. Any company has these kind of disclaimers.

• Helpful
Reactions: ICON and hoang51
They show you Model 3 (2019) it has feature ABCDEFG you go ahead and purchase the Model 3. It gets delivered and has feature ABCDE.

That is false advertisement, period.

I don't really care... but it's not allowed. It would've been fine if they had told me, if you purchase model 3 now, it might not have xyz. If I then still go ahead with the purchase I knew what I was getting.

Also the dead pedal is clearly visible on the website, even when you order today. However, it is no longer there when you take delivery of a 2020 vehicle.

So when I asked you to cite a specific law....that's not what your reply is.

A lot of times what people "think" the law is, and what the law actually says, are quite different.

Hence why question remains.

What's the actual law you think Tesla violated? A link to the text of it would be great.

So when I asked you to cite a specific law....that's not what your reply is.

A lot of times what people "think" the law is, and what the law actually says, are quite different.

Hence why question remains.

What's the actual law you think Tesla violated? A link to the text of it would be great.

the human 'laws' can be broken.. now like to see tesla actually be able to break the laws of nature.. so can we get back to topic i.e. my 2020 vs 2019

cheers

Last edited: