TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MASTER THREAD: 2020 model year Model 3 and the differences, if any, from 2019

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dave999z, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

Completely normal consumption if you drive at 70mph with the inefficient tires and its cool outside. If it's dry the seat heaters are probably good enough but we all know the uk is never dry ha.

2. moa999

moa999 Member

So any US (or indeed Europe) Q2 2020 production deliveries yet?
    And any changes (particularly given that the MIC 3s are reportedly getting the wireless charger and USB ports)

3. mcorf

mcorf Member

What month did the model change from 2019 to 2020 ?

4. Fazza

Fazza Member

We noticed for Aus RHD model 3s built in first week of October got 2019 vins and those built from 10th Oct got 2020 vins

• Like x 1
  5. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

That sounds right. My 2020 was built in October 2019.

• Like x 1
  6. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

Is this confirmed for 2020 model with premium, Long range?

7. thefortunes

thefortunes Active Member

I have a 2020 stealth, so yes.

8. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

funny coz the door pocket lights are currently the only lights which are doing their job reasonably well haha

9. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

Do we have any confirmation on delivery with wireless charging from June 2020 model?

10. brandonc85

brandonc85 Member

A few have posted theirs. Sounds like post June 4th

11. adayley

adayley Member

My adviser said Model 3s built after June 4 have the new USB configuration (USB-C ports in the front) and come with wireless charging, standard. I'm getting a Standard Range+. My advisor said I will get the wireless charging. I placed my order on June 1st.

12. baka2020

baka2020 Member

I can vouch that mine came with wireless charging...sticker says manufactured in June 2020

13. JAR897

JAR897 Member

Is it hardwired, or does it utilise the USB setup in the front of the cabin?

14. baka2020

baka2020 Member

The wireless charger can be removed... it looks to be the exact one from the tesla shop.. usb c on both ends plugging into the center console usb -c receptacle

15. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

Do you see any other difference? Did they bring the ambient lights back? How is the overall build quality, paint, rattles? Can you post some exterior pictures? Thanks

16. baka2020

baka2020 Member

In the Center Console the two USB-A receptacles are now USB-C and USB-A Wireless charger plugs into usb-C.. Rear passengers receptacles are now usb-C. Ambient lights that I see are only in front driver and passenger foot wells. no lights in side pockets. I completed the mykeln/teslaprep checklist. Was impressed with the quality so far, They came a long way from when my family took delivery of a model X back in 2016. My only grip was the Charger door not flush. What exterior pictures are you interested in?

17. groovyd

groovyd Member

wondering if they increased the max current draw of those ports now with usb-c instead of a?

18. TimothyHW3

TimothyHW3 Member

Not flush? I thought they had that ironed out, on mine they were perfect.
    Maybe picture of the charge port and also the two front doors panels to the hood transition that panel gap was always uneven. And also that triangle that catches rust due to panels near mirrors were touching

19. Vail3

Vail3 New Member

I powered up the front footwell lights and the front pocket lights, but this is the first I've seen someone talk about the rear pocket lights. I have the lights installed, but no power. It looks like you took power from somewhere inside the door. I can't quite follow from the pictures. Can you show where you got the power from?

20. Posti101

Posti101 Member

Hey can you please link where to get the pocket lights and how you installed them. Thanks