Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both 19 & 20MY and here are the differences/changes:
1. I feel it's quieter while driving. Less wind noise from roof and window seals.
2. Window seals are stiffer rubber. Possible revised design or new vendor?
3. Fenders not touching the body at the A-pillar (the rust issue)
4. Slightly stiffer trunk carpet lining. (sides and where trunk lights mount)
5. No frunk carpet mat from factory anymore.

Everything else I have examined is identical. As ownership time continues I may find more differences
Some on other threads claim light on the doors have also been removed. Can you confirm?

1. I feel it's quieter while driving. Less wind noise from roof and window seals.

Everything else I have examined is identical. As ownership time continues I may find more differences
My 10/19 manufactured TM3P did not come with a frunk carpet mat :(

While I have no doubt these are accurate differences between your cars
I would not say this is an accurate list

2019 improvements were made throughout the year so a late 2019 my may have all of the things your 2020 my has

While I have no doubt these are accurate differences between your cars
I would not say this is an accurate list

2019 improvements were made throughout the year so a late 2019 my may have all of the things your 2020 my has

Agreed. My late June build is quite quiet. My parcel shelf is solid metal, whereas early June builds had a large gaping hole, and some were filled with a fiber material - for instance.

Trunk Top panel

I also feel that will continue to be the case in MY 2020 ; so a now built 2020 may have some differences compared to a 2020 built in the summer. There is a chance this benefits resale if the car improves in the next 9+ months, even if you don't have the improvement the resale market may credit you for having it.

One last comment, is in some states (like mine in MA) ; Excise taxes are due yearly and depend on the model year of your car.
For getting at this time of year a 2020 instead of a 2019 I would pay more in taxes next year and every year moving forward, those differences would likely offset any gains I would see on the resale market if/when I sell the car.

Does Tesla do model years? So do they come out with a 2020 version of the model 3?

Prior to this year the first model X (X being whatever year you want, not a model of car) year Teslas were those made January 1 of year X.

2020 is the first time they've built "next years model" in the prior year.

One poster claimed this was due to some overseas regulation of some kind but AFAIK never clarified what it was.

Reactions: APotatoGod