TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MASTER THREAD: 2020 model year Model 3 and the differences, if any, from 2019

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dave999z, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Waverider317

Waverider317 Member

Thank you so much. Glad to be a part of this awesome experience. Any tips lol

2. jipvk

jipvk P3D+ | 2020 | FSD | White Interior | White

You should have taken the frunk hooks from the 2018 model hehe they still fit.

• Funny x 1
  3. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Literally just texted my mobile tech about frunk hooks and fitting them on a 2020.

4. jipvk

I'm going to ask for them, when I bought the car... they were in the show room model... including a trunk mat. That would be false advertising here in Switzerland. Same with the Dead Pedal that now is gone and just is some fabric.

5. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Shitty for them to take away the dead pedal & frunk mat. I understand production cost reduction but come on.....

6. hmmwv

hmmwv Member

Got my 2020 SR+ today, both at delivery and after end of day charging the full range is calculated at 244 miles, so I consider that a 250 miles car. Also even at the service center I got notification for 2019.40.2 update, want to try the 170kw SC but there aren't any V3 close by. I don't feel the car is quieter compare to an early 2019 build, but that's just me. The pedestrian warning sound doesn't bother me at all. Frunk hook is gone but looks like the actual hook should fit just fine, we just need to find a Part Number for it.

7. jipvk

The actual hook DOES fit there and the part numbers are:
    1116002-00-C for the LEFT hook
    and
    1116003-00-C for the RIGHT hook

• Informative x 4
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Waverider317

Waverider317 Member

Has anyone with a 2020 SR+ been able to trigger the fog lights?

9. jipvk

The foglight are not there @Waverider317 SR+ does not have them physically. Not everything is software locked...

10. Waverider317

Waverider317 Member

I can see them as well as the LED light bar

11. coconutboy84

coconutboy84 Member

Yes they are there.

• Like x 1
  12. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

How would it be false advertising if the showroom car was a 2019?

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  13. coconutboy84

coconutboy84 Member

Bingo

• Disagree x 1
  14. jipvk

Because they use a 2019 model to sell another product: 2020 model.

That's like me letting you taste Nutella pre 2018 recipe change (more cacao), to sell you the 2019 recipe (less cacao). Without telling you the model you will actually receive will be slightly different.

Especially since Tesla doesn't sell you 2019 or 2020 models. They just sell you a "Model 3". The 2019 model in the showroom is what made me decide to purchase, not a 2020 model.

Guess you need to read up on false advertisement laws in Europe, but this definitely falls under it.

15. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

Can you cite the specific law? Because I'm dubious it'd cover something like that since they don't "advertise" the frunk hooks in the first place... and "accesory hooks in auxiliary storage" isn't, even remotely, comparable to a fundamental difference like "taste of a thing purchased primarily for the taste"

• Like x 2
  16. groovyd

groovyd Member

I'd love to be able to swap out my door and window seals if that's what makes it quieter.

17. jipvk

They show you Model 3 (2019) it has feature ABCDEFG you go ahead and purchase the Model 3. It gets delivered and has feature ABCDE.

That is false advertisement, period.

I don't really care... but it's not allowed. It would've been fine if they had told me, if you purchase model 3 now, it might not have xyz. If I then still go ahead with the purchase I knew what I was getting.

Also the dead pedal is clearly visible on the website, even when you order today. However, it is no longer there when you take delivery of a 2020 vehicle.

18. Kiprich

Kiprich Member

Well.. you might not like it, but Tesla (and any other car company) can change these kind of things, even in Europe (why wouldn't they be able to do it overhere in Europe??). As long as they don't remove essential items such as the steering wheel or engine, they can change small things.

That's why the have their legal section on the website: Privacy & Legal | Tesla. The disclaimer is there to change small items. Any company has these kind of disclaimers.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

So when I asked you to cite a specific law....that's not what your reply is.

A lot of times what people "think" the law is, and what the law actually says, are quite different.

Hence why question remains.

What's the actual law you think Tesla violated? A link to the text of it would be great.

• Like x 3
  20. Fazza

Fazza Member

#160 Fazza, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    the human 'laws' can be broken.. now like to see tesla actually be able to break the laws of nature.. so can we get back to topic i.e. my 2020 vs 2019

cheers