Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model year Model 3 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20200319_134822.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_134822.jpg
    IMG_20200319_134822.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt

I took the small cover off the LED area and noted that there is no wire for the LED's noted there. I did not remove the door panel to check the entire wiring harness, I wonder if someone has done that.

Does anyone know if the Model 3's are going to get USB C and wireless charging like the Model Y's?

I'll answer my own post to say no, the USB's are still A and there was no wireless charging, sadly.

mine does not. model 3 awd lr performance with pup/FSD. Vin 713XXX built march 20 2020 at 1416 pacific time.
Crazy, slowly tesla just excluding features from the build.. what next? the puddle lights, model 3 logo metal scuff panel on driver and front passenger entry?

wonder if they'll leave the steering wheel for a bit long after when they officially release full self driving..

Reactions: bcpm3p and lUtriaNt
I have a June 2020 Model 3 LR AWD.
Coming from 2018 BMW 340i

Tesla had better improve quality control and stop removing features in $50k car. It won’t be long before it will catch up. The American car manufactures screwed up in late 70/80s with QC and paid a terrible price

my windshield needing replacing as result of weird line through drivers side and my paint has weird specs on the hood.
It was a pain in the rear to get them to agree on windshield replacement
Paint - some specs buffed out but not all. I decided to accept the paint as it’s a lease and I did want anymore hassles

cutting staff is a disaster as they are overworked and can’t provide the expected service required for cars at this price point.

I was back at Tesla( for attempted windshield repair before agreeing to replace it) and new Model Y owner was there getting stuff addressed - poor panel alignment and other issues. They had bought a model 3 in Jan. 2020. They found in July the service and delivery experience severely declined due to lack of staff and QC.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Are Model 3's due to get a heat pump?

No! Mine was delivered to me here in Europe on August 14th, with VIN 753XXX and has the old bigger frunk + wireless charger and USB-C ports. Others who received their cars with VIN numbers around 760XXX and 754XXX have the new smaller frunk. One person in Canada with the new frunk looked under it and he didn't find any changes compared to older model 3s, so no heat pump (yet?)!

See here:
Tesla redesigns the Model 3 frunk, but why? [Update] - Drive Tesla Canada