Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model year Model 3 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

First post here, just want to drop some infos.

Ordered my M3 AWLR on oct 17th. The sales person confirmed at the time that next shipment to Europe was due in November (next ship in feb 2021) and had all new 2021 remodeled M3 for long range and performance. Standard+ would still be the old M3, the new ones coming only in Feb21.
Got my VIN yesterday, with the 10th character being « M » so it’s confirmed. If you placed your order around october and that it would not be a car in stock, you will get a 2021 model.

Also, it’s been floated around that Europe would also get a shipment from China to help meeting recent increased demands. However, rumors is that Freemont cars that get the panasonic battery will have apparently an upgraded version for better performance, whereas the Shanghai cars using CATL would not. Not sure if this is true or not, but my VIN has « F » in the 11th char, meaning Freemont so I will get the US version anyway.

My delivery date is next friday Nov 20th in Paris.

So excited!

if you have any tips regarding delivery time, stuff I need to be careful to, please let me know!

Cheers,

Hplaced your order around october and that it would not be a car in stock, you will get a 2021 model.

Also, it’s been floated around that Europe is next friday Nov 20th in Paris

Cheers,
Did you get your car papers already? Please check on the first page wether it says E3D or E5D and what your manufacturing date is(it is there too). It seems there are cars with older and newer batteries on those ships

Also, it’s been floated around that Europe would also get a shipment from China to help meeting recent increased demands. However, rumors is that Freemont cars that get the panasonic battery will have apparently an upgraded version for better performance, whereas the Shanghai cars using CATL would not. Not sure if this is true or not, but my VIN has « F » in the 11th char, meaning Freemont so I will get the US version anyway.

Do you have any other info about this? I ordered my M3 LR on 13th Oct, but on the 26th Oct I changed the colour. I was told I would now get my car in December.

Got a text last week to say I am now matched to a car, but can't see my VIN etc...

I hope I don't get a Chinese one with a poorer battery...

Did you get your car papers already? Please check on the first page wether it says E3D or E5D and what your manufacturing date is(it is there too). It seems there are cars with older and newer batteries on those ships

not too sure about the info but there is indeed somewhere on my temporary papers mentioning this : 003E5DBb1... Is that what your referring to?
And what are E3D and E5D? Which is the newer?

thanks

Hi all,
Sorry if already been asked but I have just received my vin for my m3 sr+ and want know if I will be receiving a refresh model ?

I'm in the UK and am taking delivery Saturday 21st nov

According to my sales rep, europe shipment arrived in November include refreshed models for LR and Performance. SR+ are still 2020 design. New design are expected to arrive in Feb21 shipment.

And at the time Tesla updated the website with the new designs, delivery for LR and P models were indeed due Nov, but SR+ was pushed to Feb21.

Don’t take my word for it but that’s what I was told.

According to my sales rep, europe shipment arrived in November include refreshed models for LR and Performance. SR+ are still 2020 design. New design are expected to arrive in Feb21 shipment.

And at the time Tesla updated the website with the new designs, delivery for LR and P models were indeed due Nov, but SR+ was pushed to Feb21.

Don’t take my word for it but that’s what I was told.
I've got the M vin does this mean refresh model?

Hello everyone,

First post here, just want to drop some infos.

Ordered my M3 AWLR on oct 17th. The sales person confirmed at the time that next shipment to Europe was due in November (next ship in feb 2021) and had all new 2021 remodeled M3 for long range and performance. Standard+ would still be the old M3, the new ones coming only in Feb21.
Got my VIN yesterday, with the 10th character being « M » so it’s confirmed. If you placed your order around october and that it would not be a car in stock, you will get a 2021 model.

My delivery date is next friday Nov 20th in Paris.

So excited!

if you have any tips regarding delivery time, stuff I need to be careful to, please let me know!

Cheers,
If from Fremont the vin starts with 5YJ

If from GF Shanghai then vin starts with L

Just wanted to share I’m a former 2013 P85 owner. Sold back in 2017 and missed the car since! I snooped around Tesla Blue Ash a few weeks back and happened to find a 2020 P3D w the dark grey/pre ubertine wheels available for delivery that day. I almost fell over when I found out I could get the car I wanted that day on the lot. It was the only 3 on the lot! Couldn’t believe it and it wasn’t a demo had 4 miles on it. Love the car!

Attachments

• 0F990C34-6A6E-44F5-9447-8412D0187FAF.jpeg
    0F990C34-6A6E-44F5-9447-8412D0187FAF.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DE493051-21A6-46BF-BA19-6C35C20BCC70.jpeg
    DE493051-21A6-46BF-BA19-6C35C20BCC70.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 67
  • F0BEB1F3-CD9E-4E2E-B8A1-E6AD1AD69A31.jpeg
    F0BEB1F3-CD9E-4E2E-B8A1-E6AD1AD69A31.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 72