Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model year Model 3 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Tesla delivery agent (and emailed both Vancouver/Toronto) and both confirmed it should be in Vancouver today, I emailed today to double confirm and hopefully, they will. I am 900 km away from the Tesla center so I need to fly one way and I told them all of this and i also mentioned I heard many horror stories and that I better not be another bad story. I already canceled once with the Calgary Dealer because of broken promises.

We ordered 12/8 (Toronto), got a text yesterday saying 3-5 weeks, super pumped! We had also received a voicemail the day before asking if we were going to still come test drive a M3, as they have stock again for test drives, which was odd. Clerical error I guess, but last time we spoke to our SA she told us we ordered at a good time, since they didn’t even have one for test driving.

I just changed my SR+ order to a LR AWD after much deliberation - but disappointed to read that the 2020 models don't have the door pocket lights! I already felt like the ambient lights were a very minor interior upgrade, but I'm wondering if I can install aftermarket ones if the wiring is there?

Can anyone with a 2020 LR or Performance confirm that the wiring is there and the door pocket lights work with after-market bulbs?

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p
I just changed my SR+ order to a LR AWD after much deliberation - but disappointed to read that the 2020 models don't have the door pocket lights! I already felt like the ambient lights were a very minor interior upgrade, but I'm wondering if I can install aftermarket ones if the wiring is there?

Can anyone with a 2020 LR or Performance confirm that the wiring is there and the door pocket lights work with after-market bulbs?

I would like to know this too

Ordered Jan 12, Received Text update stating 3-7 Weeks on 1/20. Nothing since.

Started browsing New Inventory around the country and was able to find a 2020 Stealth performance in MSM with 19" Sport Wheels out in Matthews, NC. Since my nearest store in Cleveland(original delivery location) had just closed, I called a store in San Jose and asked for some help. The rep Marley(sp?) was able match me to the VIN!

Just went through financing and was approved! Going to call the store in NC tomorrow and see if I can schedule delivery. Its going to be a long 10 hour drive from Michigan but I'm super excited!

confirmed, lights and wiring are there..just not enabled.

Attachments

• IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p
confirmed, lights and wiring are there..just not enabled.

Thats strange. What does Tesla save money on then? If all parts are there? So parts and labor already went into it.

And when you say "not enabled", does that mean we cant enable them with a 3rd party part? Seems like a strange move? Doesnt seem to be cost cutting?

I was hoping to either build my own light or buy a 3rd party one to plug in. But it sounds like from what you saying that wont even be possible?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Ordered Jan 12, Received Text update stating 3-7 Weeks on 1/20. Nothing since.

Started browsing New Inventory around the country and was able to find a 2020 Stealth performance in MSM with 19" Sport Wheels out in Matthews, NC. Since my nearest store in Cleveland(original delivery location) had just closed, I called a store in San Jose and asked for some help. The rep Marley(sp?) was able match me to the VIN!

Just went through financing and was approved! Going to call the store in NC tomorrow and see if I can schedule delivery. Its going to be a long 10 hour drive from Michigan but I'm super excited!
What did you use to search inventory?

Thats strange. What does Tesla save money on then? If all parts are there? So parts and labor already went into it.

And when you say "not enabled", does that mean we cant enable them with a 3rd party part? Seems like a strange move? Doesnt seem to be cost cutting?

I was hoping to either build my own light or buy a 3rd party one to plug in. But it sounds like from what you saying that wont even be possible?

I have no idea. My only guess is that they will be enabled or turned on later on with a software update, perhaps a new ambient dimming function?? I think we'll know more once Model Y's start rolling out.

I don't know if this is the right section to ask this question, but i will ask, and if not, perhaps someone could point me the right way. Thanks in advance. So...my question.. I would like to start a poll from buyers as to the quality of their Tesla upon delivery, and the quality of service after delivery. I have had a 1K deposit for almost 2 years. I have heard horror stories as to quality and service. I am several hours from a service center, and do not want issues with a car that cost $60K. We are now in a position(Tesla stock) to buy for cash. Thanks.

Confirmed. Here is a sleeper for sale and the price is the same as performance now. 2020 Model 3 | Tesla

Unless something changes at the current pricing, I'm not sure why anyone would buy a (performance model without the upgrade option) over the (Long Range with Boost). To ensure safety and optimize the cars additional performance levels, I think you would need the performance tire tread, larger brakes/rotors and rear spoiler stability. Also, from a cosmetic standpoint I tend to look for the red calipers, lower stance and spoiler to identify Performance 3's (they look great - I'm envious when I see them). However, we all know performance car trade offs regardless of model or brand - city streets, potholes, curbs won't be kind and the margins of error are very slim & costly. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: nealh