Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread 2021 M3LR heated steering wheel Discussion thread

Dante256

Mar 31, 2021
Belper
Picked up my M3 today. Rang to confirm it would have heated wheel before purchase. It’s a MIC M3. from Vin and RN I was told that DID have heated wheel

Today at collection:
has external stitching 😞
No setting to toggle on

rang Tesla. They advised it is a firmware issue, and will be sorted in April. Make of that what you will.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Picked up my M3 today. Rang to confirm it would have heated wheel before purchase. It’s a MIC M3. from Vin and RN I was told that DID have heated wheel

Today at collection:
has external stitching 😞
No setting to toggle on

rang Tesla. They advised it is a firmware issue, and will be sorted in April. Make of that what you will.
Note the "new" wheel design has stitching on it also. I was confused by this also. The difference actually is it's continuous all the way. The "old" design had seams in the 2 and 10 o clock positions, while new does not.
old_vs_new_model_3_steering.jpg

Reactions: TBrownTX

Rgriesbeck

Mar 31, 2021
Vancouver, BC
Picked up my M3SR+ three weeks ago. From what I can tell I have the new lights, new wheel, heat pump, but no option for heated wheel...

I only have front heated seats so I don't have the "screen" that I've seen to turn on the wheel... My 2 heated seats settings are along the bottom.

My rep hinted that I should have the heated wheel, but was just a guess.

Rgriesbeck

Mar 31, 2021
Vancouver, BC
Can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.. but "turn on wheel heat" works just fine.
So... where's the screen for all these options? I can't seem to find it
Thanks, the screen I've seen is where you turn on your heated seats, there's a little heated wheel icon on the left, if I remember correctly.

No sarcasm, just a bad Alexa joke

father_of_6

Jan 24, 2021
Buffalo, NY
I was under the impression that the SR+ doesn't have a heated wheel. You probably have the hardware, but not the ability to turn it on. It'll likely be available as an added purchase sometime in the future.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC