Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive taken the knowledge of knowing my vehicle does not have the heated steering wheel, and made use of it. A bit off-topic, but there is a guy here in Rhode Island who creates amazing custom steering wheels using real carbon fiber and leather that come out extremely well. Placed an order and will have it next week. I think itll look legit with my white interior and exterior.

View attachment 652595

Reactions: MathieuW

Stop looking at your mothers picture like that! Savage! JK. I dig it, and thats what matters. Im only on earth to impress myself, not others.

64013224627__00CCC9ED-8BEF-4E8E-8186-06C0DD508890.jpeg
IMG_3942.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and TBrownTX
Finally! Heated steering wheel is officially listed under the premium interior features on Tesla website in USA, Germany and Austria 🤗
View attachment 654349
I must be blind and dense, as I cannot navigate the website to find this information. And I'm assuming that my 2021 refresh long range 3 will not have the heated steering wheel.

I must be blind and dense, as I cannot navigate the website to find this information. And I'm assuming that my 2021 refresh long range 3 will not have the heated steering wheel.

I could only find it by starting a new order (order now button from the Model 3 page), then after going down past color of paint and size of wheels clicking on feature details in the "interior" section. Then working over 5 dots to the final image.

Then, and only then, it's there if you started with a AWD LR model 3. If you start with a SR+ the image is there, but the line about the heated steering wheel is not.

• Helpful
Reactions: Discoducky
Apparently recent SR+ builds will get an option to purchase a software unlock.

I'm hoping those of us with SR+ built before this date can purchase the hardware to upgrade.

Drive Tesla Canada

"Model 3’s built after the following dates include the heated steering wheel:"
  • Fremont – Model 3’s built after March 31, 2021
  • Giga Shanghai – Model 3’s built after January 1, 2021

Apparently recent SR+ builds will get an option to purchase a software unlock.

I'm hoping those of us with SR+ built before this date can purchase the hardware to upgrade.

Drive Tesla Canada

"Model 3’s built after the following dates include the heated steering wheel:"
  • Fremont – Model 3’s built after March 31, 2021
  • Giga Shanghai – Model 3’s built after January 1, 2021
Rats, guess I'll be waiting for a hardware upgrade