Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah that’s reassuring then. It does appear I have the new wheel. Certainly has the new scrolls.
I’ll try the audio command
Note however, having a "new" style wheel does not necessarily mean you have a heated wheel. This was covered earlier in the thread. There are plenty of 2021 Model 3s (even the LRs) that have the "new" style wheel, but no heated steering wheel option.

Only sure way to tell is to pop open the wheel and see if there is that there is the heating element connector, but most people won't likely want to attempt this.
2021 M3LR heated steering wheel - YES [build month of this vehicle - Feb 2021]

Note however, having a "new" style wheel does not necessarily mean you have a heated wheel. This was covered earlier in the thread. There are plenty of 2021 Model 3s (even the LRs) that have the "new" style wheel, but no heated steering wheel option.

Only sure way to tell is to pop open the wheel and see if there is that there is the heating element connector, but most people won't likely want to attempt this.
2021 M3LR heated steering wheel - YES [build month of this vehicle - Feb 2021]

Pardon if it's been discussed elsewhere or even in this thread, but has anyone taken the wheel off of a 2021 Model 3 LR without the heated wheel active within this thread or community and seen the lack of the extra connector? Not that I dont trust the reddit poster, but would love to see more.

I have picked up my 2021 LR Model 3 in the uk, with FW 2021.4.12, but do not see the heat steeling wheel option in the system. ...... does anyone in the uk actually see that icon in the system? or is it not rolled in the UK yet?

I took my steering wheel apart and I can confirm it does not have the extra blue plug for the heating :(
2021 model 3 long range built in Freemont VIN 909XXX
Delivered March 2021 in Denmark
Not sure why Europe is not getting the heated steering wheel. Is this RH (right hand) drive? <—that shouldn’t make any difference.
So far, just US and China M3LR/P are getting he heated wheels? Very strange.

Not sure why Europe is not getting the heated steering wheel. Is this RH (right hand) drive? <—that shouldn’t make any difference.
So far, just US and China M3LR/P are getting he heated wheels? Very strange.
In Europe only UK is right hand drive .... the rest of Europe is LH.
There are though some individual reports from the UK of taking delivery of M3 with the heated wheel (MIC with updated door panel trim) but not even a single report from the rest of Europe.

Hi all,

Just picked up 2021 MIC M3 LR last week. From looking at the forums etc I was expecting the heated steering wheel to be active on this model but there's no icon in the A/C heated seats screen for the steering wheel. Car was a demonstrator so had done 100miles so perhaps predates the introduction of the heated wheel?
What's the best way to approach Tesla to find out as contacting them doesn't seem to be the easiest?

Note the "new" wheel design has stitching on it also. I was confused by this also. The difference actually is it's continuous all the way. The "old" design had seams in the 2 and 10 o clock positions, while new does not.
There's nothing 'new' about that wheel. My 2021 M3 LR has it, and I bought it December 29 of last year (VIN 860xxx). And no, it's not heated.

I'm still waiting to see which happens first

* heated steering wheel shows up on tesla.com/model3
* the Knoxville service center opens up (supposedly will happen this month)

at this rate I'm thinking the service center might happen before the heated steering wheel.

Is it too much to ask that I can see in writing if a SR+ or LR AWD will definitely have a heated wheel before I order?

There's nothing 'new' about that wheel. My 2021 M3 LR has it, and I bought it December 29 of last year (VIN 860xxx). And no, it's not heated.
I know that. I'm saying "new" as in it is the same style as the heated steering wheel. The person I was responding to thought they had an "old" style wheel due to the stitching. I just wanted to clarify that the stitching does not differentiate the two styles, only the break in the wheel at the 2 and 10 o clock positions.

There was not external style change for the heated steering wheel as far as I am aware.