Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does this mean that Q4 deliveries will have all the updates or we not sure as of yet?
Based on what I’ve been reading, it sounds like Q4 will have them as anything rolling off the Fremont factory will already have this implemented. However there is still inventory of cars out there from Q3 that some folks might still get that don’t have these updates. I know here in Florida there seems to be an excess of SR+ in inventory.

Hmmm this might be the time to jump back into the pool, fingers crossed the crap doesn't happen again. " new double-paned glass " sounds... well quieter.
It really is too bad you had such a terrible experience.

In my case, I had a horrible purchasing experience, but the car has made up for it many times over. My car was delivered with two small paint flaws that (luckily) are in places that aren't visible to anyone but me, and other than that, has been perfect.

I've now owned my Model 3 for just over 14 months. For the first time in my 53 years on this planet, I love a car more at the one year point than I did when I picked it up.

Yes, I know that Tesla has a long, long way to go with customer service, quality assurance, etc. but when you consider how amazing the actual product(s) are, I'm willing to give them quite a bit of slack in those areas. They'll get it figured out eventually. Until then, I'll just grit my teeth through the bad customer service and enjoy my ride.

I'm sure that CyberTruck will have quite a few teething issues, too. But that's not gonna slow me down from getting one as fast as I possibly can.

Tesla is (arguably) doing more toward getting this planet moving to a sustainable future than any other company on earth. And I'm gonna support them down that path even if it means I have to do a bit of nail biting along the way.

Based on what I’ve been reading, it sounds like Q4 will have them as anything rolling off the Fremont factory will already have this implemented. However there is still inventory of cars out there from Q3 that some folks might still get that don’t have these updates. I know here in Florida there seems to be an excess of SR+ in inventory.

I did a quick inventory search for M3P's within 200 miles and I only see 2 available. I am trying to do a Xmas-ish delivery so I hope my M3P is updated. Pretty happy about this news.

Historically, when does Tesla put out the official word i.e. online configurator update or press release???

Can I deny an inventory car if one pops up in my area? I'm worried someone will refuse delivery and they'll try to pass it on to me

I did a quick inventory search for M3P's within 200 miles and I only see 2 available. I am trying to do a Xmas-ish delivery so I hope my M3P is updated. Pretty happy about this news.

Historically, when does Tesla put out the official word i.e. online configurator update or press release???
I did the same thing for the M3P (which is what I pre-ordered) and there aren't any that match my configuration. As long as you put the order on hold like we had talked about before, you should be fine. I too was hoping for a late delivery but now that these changes seem to be rolling out, I'm OK with taking it next month or late this month. I'm very excited to to see this.

Reactions: ItsMeCarlos
Would really like the powered trunk and dual pane glass but otherwise it's an evolution, not a revolution
@chdavis - I think we are going to have to wait on this one to see what is reported when the deliveries start going out. It's going to be difficult to tell if that was added based on pictures from the car at the Fremont lot. Hoping we get the power trunk too, I'd like that.

Reactions: zerb012345
Meh I have a power trunk. It's cool but totally rediculous. It's definitely not needed and provided no real benefit for me.

The power frunk proved to be incredibly useful though. When you don't have to squash the hood down you tend to use the frunk a lot more. The smaller space is great for items you don't want sliding around in the trunk. Tesla needs to add a power frunk to all vehicles.

Double pane glass I'm not sure about. I don't get a lot of noise from the roof. Nearly all my noise is tire noise. I think the sound proofing on the bottom need improvement.

I am a fan of the new console. I wonder how much it will be in the parts catalog.

The chrome delete is just the window trim. In theory you can buy that in the parts catalog also and just put it on. Then sell your chrome on eBay.

Reactions: ItsMeCarlos
Here is the console in the base model built in China.

Tesla-model-3-standard-interior.jpeg