Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interested to hear from other uk folk ordering LR model 3. I ordered mine on 5 October but am not showing a VIN allocation yet. I spoke with Tesla and I’ve missed the first shipment as they are all allocated. So waiting in the second ships due in late November / early December.

Disappointing as I’m excited to get the car, but great on the other hand that demand seems to be mega strong in Europe and the UK specifically. Yes, I’m still referring to the UK as part of Europe despite Friday’s Brexit showdown.

Would be great to see how many ordering in October have been allocated a VINIn the UK. Have you? Or are you still waiting?
Still waiting here. Denmark.. seems that i'm much in same situation that all cars might be allocated already. I haven't got any VIN or updates so far.

Ordered around oct. 9th.

Ordered my model 3 on October 5th. Refresh was announced so I was pretty excited since I was going to do the chrome delete, and install power struts for the trunk anyways. Was worried I would just miss the refresh. Hit up my advisor he said because I haven't been matched to a car yet, I should get a 2021 VIN!!!! :) Delivery estimate is Oct 31-Nov 28 range. My advisor also said no delivery time change with the refresh being announced so should be interesting to see if that holds true

Mine shows Oct 19 - Nov 16th. I ordered the day before battery day and declined a 2020 VIN!

Reactions: To3OrNotTo3
I ordered on 25-Sep and I still don't have a VIN number. I heard from the sales advisor that people will start to receive the new cars at the end of November. When I placed the order they told me that I will most likely need to wait for 2 months which so far seems to be a good estimate.

Anyone know if this is just mixed up messaging or if the 2020 M3's really are getting a range update? Apparently the 2020.40.4 update supposedly brings this change but I won't know until tonight when I get home and can download it, charge to 100% and see where I'm at.

Some good news for model 3 owners! - we will be getting the range update! : TeslaModel3

RlFHK54.jpg

It'd be nice if we could get that 3.1sec performance boost as well. I'm curious what change(s) were made to facilitate that.

To be honest, I'm frustrated about this refresh. I've saved up to purchase the Model 3 for so long, and was able to purchase it and it was delivered on Sept. 19th. Now just about a month later, a refresh comes out with better specs, and (IMO) a better interior. If I knew this was coming I would have waited the extra month. Does anyone know if I can trade in my current Model 3 for this refresh? Only got a 1000 miles on it.

Put your information into Carvana's website and get an offer. Use car values are OUT OF CONTROL right now, you might get lucky. Try Vroom too.

Would be interested to hear from other uk folk ordering LR model 3. I ordered mine on 5 October but am not showing a VIN allocation yet. I spoke with Tesla and I’ve missed the first shipment as they are all allocated. So waiting in the second ships due in late November / early December.

Disappointing as I’m excited to get the car, but great on the other hand that demand seems to be mega strong in Europe and the UK specifically. Yes, I’m still referring to the UK as part of Europe despite Friday’s Brexit showdown.

Would be great to see how many ordering in October have been allocated a VINIn the UK. Have you? Or are you still waiting?

I ordered on 13th October and haven't got anything yet, other than the email to confirm my order was changed (which was a new refreshed model).

I know there are a few of you who ordered in September, pushed delivery back, and now have October->November delivery timelines. Have your orders in your account been changed? Mine still shows the old version of the car, so I'm wondering what's going on there.... My delivery date is October 17 - November 14th.

Anyone know if this is just mixed up messaging or if the 2020 M3's really are getting a range update? Apparently the 2020.40.4 update supposedly brings this change but I won't know until tonight when I get home and can download it, charge to 100% and see where I'm at.
Highly doubt it. Probably just a rep trying to callm someone down after a Q3 delivery. But we will know if the 2021 has new batteries soon.

I know there are a few of you who ordered in September, pushed delivery back, and now have October->November delivery timelines. Have your orders in your account been changed? Mine still shows the old version of the car, so I'm wondering what's going on there.... My delivery date is October 17 - November 14th.
I contacted my sales rep guy who made some change to my account that showed an 'edit design' button. He instructed me to just re-save my config and then account updated with 2021 version. Only took a minute. I have no idea what effect this has on delivery timeline as I was waiting until December anyway.

There was no performance boost, they have just finally updated the specs to match the current reality.

Do we know this for fact? The part numbers are the same for the model 3 rear drive unit and the Model Y rear drive unit (which has shown more power on the dyno and has been confirmed to be made with different materials). This could mean potentially more untapped capability in the new performance model. I am waiting for something conclusive.

Tesla Sweden looks to have explicitly confirmed sound proofing in this Model 3 refresh ...and heat pump

Tesla Confirms Model 3 Refresh Includes Better Sound Proofing - TeslaNorth.com

Damn and they just confirmed no heat pump
Tesla Sweden looks to have explicitly confirmed sound proofing in this Model 3 refresh ...and heat pump

Tesla Confirms Model 3 Refresh Includes Better Sound Proofing - TeslaNorth.com

So no heat pump for SR+...