Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doubt it, the European lights are dimmer than the NA because of regulations. More likely EMEA means new headlights for that region.
The only difference is that the beams in EMEA don’t have a pyramidal geometry like in NA.

Attachments

• 8AC335F1-D81A-432A-A9E1-06D802CF6B56.jpeg
    8AC335F1-D81A-432A-A9E1-06D802CF6B56.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 142
Unfortunately I don't have the time to read through the 36 pages of posts before this, so I don't know if someone already asked this.
Anyway...
What is the reason behind the 13 mile range increase? Is it software optimization that will be pushed to my 2020 SR+? Is it a new rating because of the more efficient heater? Or is it a physical change in the powertrain (i.e. new chemistry batteries, more batteries, new more efficient motor...)?

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read through the 36 pages of posts before this, so I don't know if someone already asked this.
Anyway...
What is the reason behind the 13 mile range increase? Is it software optimization that will be pushed to my 2020 SR+? Is it a new rating because of the more efficient heater? Or is it a physical change in the powertrain (i.e. new chemistry batteries, more batteries, new more efficient motor...)?

yes

• Funny
Reactions: Pemple
Anyway...

What you'd see in those 36 pages of posts is a lot of speculation. Logically, it has to be one of the three you mentioned, but we'll need to wait until the new cars get into people's hands before we know for sure.

Reactions: ehacke
Hi all
I'm a bit out of my depth here and need some advice please. I had my company car, model 3, delivered on the 23rd Sept. I tried to postpone as I was in hospital having an operation but they completely ignored me. The car was delivered with loads of damage. Scraped under front bumper loading it, chip about right back light, dashboard trim not finished on drivers side, both number plates wonky, back lights full of condensation, drivers seat badly scuffed! I was gutted. It went back to Tesla Heathrow after threatening to dump it on the forecourt. Since collected it but seat, trim on order still. On Friday the screen wouldn't come on at all. This is the 2nd time it has happened but this time for almost 3 hours. Tried soft and hard reset but nothing. I went down and it came on by itself. I rang support and they logged on remotely. Said they and advanced support could see it had aborted but didn't know why. I was supposed to get a call back by the end of friday but still waiting. I've chased numerous times.
Also we tried to charge last week in the city and it said charger not connected. Tesla apparently ran out of universal chargers and sorry no you're not going mad, you can't charge in some places. Wtf??
My company are trying to get Tesla to take this car back but they are not responding. I am sooooo upset. Do I ask for the new, upgraded model? Is this one crap as end of line old style? Do I go for hybrid BMW 330i m sport instead?
Any advice please? Thanks Becky

Same here! The more I think about it, the more it would make sense for an upgrade like the heat pump to replace the current HVAC system across all trims of the Model 3. I'm no expert in logistics/supply chains but I can't imagine it would make a whole lot of sense to keep both HVAC configurations in production, only to piss off customers with slightly less free cash flow.

In terms of the range gap widening, I think it likely has more to do with updated EPA ratings as opposed to material differences. At least on the Canadian website, it shows the exact range for both LR and P, but for SR+, it notes the number as an EPA est.
I can't find anything on Tesla web page about heat pumps for Model 3s (maybe just not looking in right place). However, my sales rep assures me that all 2021 Model 3s get heat pumps - including SR+. So I am a bit confused about the posts here that seem to believe no heat pumps yet for SR+. What is your source for that understanding?

Hi all
I'm a bit out of my depth here and need some advice please. I had my company car, model 3, delivered on the 23rd Sept. I tried to postpone as I was in hospital having an operation but they completely ignored me. The car was delivered with loads of damage. Scraped under front bumper loading it, chip about right back light, dashboard trim not finished on drivers side, both number plates wonky, back lights full of condensation, drivers seat badly scuffed! I was gutted. It went back to Tesla Heathrow after threatening to dump it on the forecourt. Since collected it but seat, trim on order still. On Friday the screen wouldn't come on at all. This is the 2nd time it has happened but this time for almost 3 hours. Tried soft and hard reset but nothing. I went down and it came on by itself. I rang support and they logged on remotely. Said they and advanced support could see it had aborted but didn't know why. I was supposed to get a call back by the end of friday but still waiting. I've chased numerous times.
Also we tried to charge last week in the city and it said charger not connected. Tesla apparently ran out of universal chargers and sorry no you're not going mad, you can't charge in some places. Wtf??
My company are trying to get Tesla to take this car back but they are not responding. I am sooooo upset. Do I ask for the new, upgraded model? Is this one crap as end of line old style? Do I go for hybrid BMW 330i m sport instead?
Any advice please? Thanks Becky

It sounds like you've been extremely unlucky there on multiple counts. Has your company paid for it in full? Would suggest if not that they stop paying immediately. Get pics and case numbers from Tesla and build up as much evidence.

I'd have already dumped it on the forecourt as soon as it was delivered in that state.

I can't find anything on Tesla web page about heat pumps for Model 3s (maybe just not looking in right place). However, my sales rep assures me that all 2021 Model 3s get heat pumps - including SR+. So I am a bit confused about the posts here that seem to believe no heat pumps yet for SR+. What is your source for that understanding?

All 2021 SR+s made in Fremont will get a heat pump. The 2021 SR+s made in China do not. (And China SR+s are heading to Europe now.)

Reactions: tintinfish
It sounds like you've been extremely unlucky there on multiple counts. Has your company paid for it in full? Would suggest if not that they stop paying immediately. Get pics and case numbers from Tesla and build up as much evidence.

I'd have already dumped it on the forecourt as soon as it was delivered in that state.

Ha I would have but I'd had an operation and still can't drive! Its actually been a blessing not on the road working as they've now told me not to drive it anymore.
I'm not sure about the payment. I'll ask that tomorrow thank you.
I called Tesla on Friday but didnt get the promised call back as the guy didn't log my call?? Should I ask for a case number each time I call? Heathrow seem so incompetent. They have also sadly put me off Tesla.

Ha I would have but I'd had an operation and still can't drive! Its actually been a blessing not on the road working as they've now told me not to drive it anymore.
I'm not sure about the payment. I'll ask that tomorrow thank you.
I called Tesla on Friday but didnt get the promised call back as the guy didn't log my call?? Should I ask for a case number each time I call? Heathrow seem so incompetent. They have also sadly put me off Tesla.

Yes you should have a case number, or at least something logged against your initial order number.

It is a shame you're put off. I've had nothing but positive things everytime I've spoke to them either in person or over the phone.

But yes, your company as the buyer has basic rights if they haven't been sold a satisfactory product. Actually, thinking about it - that may be why Tesla aren't taking you seriously. After all, you're not the car owner.

Hope you recover from your operation quickly.

The only color I like with the black trim is black so I wouldn’t have purchased my M3 in red if the 2021 had been available. But I’d have been happy to get the all black 2021 model. I bought in July....and it’s perfect - no flaws so I’m perfectly happy

All 2021 SR+s made in Fremont will get a heat pump. The 2021 SR+s made in China do not. (And China SR+s are heading to Europe now.)

This is not true at all, why are you spreading false information?
China factory has been the one in the first place to put new stuff in the m3's.
Every SR+ 2021, even from china, has the heat pump. The cars heading to Europe now might just be stamped as 2020 yet.