Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again from the video... they said all for Hong Kong were still made in the USA (so at Freemont), so highly likely that one was too. But they then joked, any made in China in the future may well have better build quality.
great, thank you, do you know if all these upgrades are even on the refreshed SR+ UK model

According to my local Tesla dealer here in Germany, all new Model 3's (including SR+) will come with the heat pump. I don't know if that was a sure or not. Apparently also all other changes, including electric boot, chrome delete and the console.

Reactions: Fred42
According to my local Tesla dealer here in Germany, all new Model 3's (including SR+) will come with the heat pump. I don't know if that was a sure or not. Apparently also all other changes, including electric boot, chrome delete and the console.
my local one, which is less than 10 miles from headquarters said they all have heated steering wheels as well, so who knows what's actually correct

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Just to make it easier if you don't want to go through the video and pause, here's some screen shots of the changes they've showed:

Updated 19" Wheels:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.31.58 pm.png

Black Trim (notice Tesla "T" has been removed)
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.32.12 pm.png

Laminated Glass:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.32.34 pm.png

Rear Weather Stripping:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.32.51 pm.png

Auto-trunk button:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.33.11 pm.png

Door open buttons in matte black with new icons:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.33.29 pm.png

Wireless charging mat:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.33.45 pm.png

Included 64GB flash drive:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.33.55 pm.png

USB port in glove box:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.34.22 pm.png

USB-C Ports in rear (in video but was updated a few months back):
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.34.31 pm.png

my local one, which is less than 10 miles from headquarters said they all have heated steering wheels as well, so who knows what's actually correct

Are heated steering wheels off the table now?

Will there be a visible difference with the heated steering wheel?

Perhaps they are already being installed, and a future software check will enable the command to turn the heated wheel on.

Just to make it easier if you don't want to go through the video and pause, here's some screen shots of the changes they've showed:

Updated 19" Wheels:
View attachment 605463

Black Trim (notice Tesla "T" has been removed)
View attachment 605472

Laminated Glass:
View attachment 605471

Rear Weather Stripping:
View attachment 605470

Auto-trunk button:
View attachment 605469

Door open buttons in matte black with new icons:
View attachment 605468

Wireless charging mat:
View attachment 605467

Included 64GB flash drive:
View attachment 605466

USB port in glove box:
View attachment 605465

USB-C Ports in rear (in video but was updated a few months back):
View attachment 605464
Thanks. That helps a lot. I didn't have to go back over the video.

Can’t disagree with that. I was originally going to order a blue LR with the sport rims as I thought the chrome and silver wheels looked best with the blue. At the last minute switched to a Performance and decided I’d live with the chrome and dark wheels. The refresh was a massive bonus to me, and I’d have been gutted if I’d stayed with the original LR and silver wheels as it looks rubbish with the dark trim.

Just do what I am doing, invest into getting wheels powdercoated black, if you like the look of course. The $1500 sport wheels and $500 at max to powdercoat is still cheaper than most aftermarket wheels, so that is what I am doing.