Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ROOF LEAK eeeeek. I have to say first and foremost, I LOVE my 2021 Model 3. With that being said, we had our first real "light" rain the other day in SoCal (it hardly ever rains here)... and I noticed a weird looking whitish stain on my driver's side trim forward and left of the steering wheel. I couldn't figure out where it could have come from. Then I started looking further up on the trim and onto the headliner, and I noticed what looked like some darker stains and when I felt them they were DAMP! I initially thought, how could they be damp considering I hadn't had any liquids in the car. I then remembered the short rain event we had and decided to have it inspected by Tesla. they saw the stains and decided to have the entire roof and rear glass removed and replaced. They're also replacing the stained panels. Anyone else have this issue? I've only owned the car for a month!

• Informative
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
ROOF LEAK eeeeek. I have to say first and foremost, I LOVE my 2021 Model 3. With that being said, we had our first real "light" rain the other day in SoCal (it hardly ever rains here)... and I noticed a weird looking whitish stain on my driver's side trim forward and left of the steering wheel. I couldn't figure out where it could have come from. Then I started looking further up on the trim and onto the headliner, and I noticed what looked like some darker stains and when I felt them they were DAMP! I initially thought, how could they be damp considering I hadn't had any liquids in the car. I then remembered the short rain event we had and decided to have it inspected by Tesla. they saw the stains and decided to have the entire roof and rear glass removed and replaced. They're also replacing the stained panels. Anyone else have this issue? I've only owned the car for a month!
You got manufacturing defect and warranty case. It's not something that develops over time. Or anything reported often. Just bad luck. Happens with any products.

Nice! Let's see if the LR and P have now the same batteries...

I wouldn’t count on it. Clearly with soft locking the Panasonic battery to equal the LG one Tesla does not want to have different ranges depending on chance.

For now, Panasonic cannot produce enough 2170L cells for Performance and LR. Not to mention that they want to use the 2170L cells on the SR+ also. So my guess would be: not this year.

I wouldn’t count on it. Clearly with soft locking the Panasonic battery to equal the LG one Tesla does not want to have different ranges depending on chance.

For now, Panasonic cannot produce enough 2170L cells for Performance and LR. Not to mention that they want to use the 2170L cells on the SR+ also. So my guess would be: not this year.
What they then use in Performance if Panasonicin can be used? Crappy LG?

Man as a soon to be new owner of an M3 LR in early March I'm trying to consolidate this one as best as I can as someone new to Tesla's and it seems their ever changing release cycle.

I have a US 2021 Red/White M3 LR with FSD scheduled first week of March and it will be my first Tesla so please correct me anywhere here but from what I'm seeing for the biggest things now are...

-Heat Pump (seems to be there MAY be some issues already reported?)

-New Headlights (I'll need to figure out how I'd know if I got the updated version)

-Heated Steering Wheel (Hoping it's included by now)

-Battery on LR is actually the 2170C "E3LD"? (Does anyone know on cars delivered late Jan/Feb what the kWh battery is thats on the LR? From reading sounds like a smaller battery than the M3P's 2170L? Is there any disadvantages to this battery compared to others as there is some hot debates it seems or issues with higher amperage charging like others reported from older Teslas over the long haul? Looks like from above the M3 LR will NOT get the "L" variant any any point this year even if I was to wait but also see speculation of an M3 LR+?)

-Heated radar? (Is there a known reason this is needed, ie. was there issues reported about something with the radar?)

-New door panels (not sure what this means or changed? I have White interior so not sure if there is a potential change there?)

-Known fender camera issues on 2021 with spinning symbol?

If I missed anything new or "new" issues for the 2021's out please let me know. I'm really struggling with outright cancelling and waiting a bit as I keep seeing the new reintroduced 7k tax credit kicked around that WONT be retro for my order but can never tell if Tesla would dare increase the price at all offsetting some of that so its a hard choice at the moment.

Thanks again for all the help on here!

-CV