Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First reports of the 3D6 Hairpin rear motors from German customers.
Most coming from the same Q4/2020 LFP Refresh 2021 SR+ cars.
Quite a few are mentioning the new car is pulling stronger upon accelerating though 30-50kph. No Scan My Tesla values yet...

Also first pictures of the new active frunk hinges that are installed from V18 onwards:
cfdf5ca3a06c480461964eee6ffa0b7b9899adb7.jpeg
8bf5829dc4c23c58e0c16168bf76ec3915d236e2.jpeg

Any links to the German reports on the hairpin DU? Thanks

Any links to the German reports on the hairpin DU? Thanks

German though...

The RWD and LR models each get a small bump in range. Tesla.com has been updated with the new estimates. Make sure the 18" Aero wheels are selected as the site now defaults to the 19" wheels for the LR. I'm not sure what this means with regard to model year.
Based on various tweets this is now 2022 model year.

358 miles for the LR 18”…. Looks like 79kWh is the new threshold for degradation showing, rather than 77.8kWh. This assumes the exact same efficiency. We’ll see; maybe it is more efficient. But I don’t expect much shift there.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
On Tesla french configurator, and german too, (and probably others), range of Model3 Performance has just been modified to 547km estimated instead of 567WLTP!
One explanation would be that the TM3P Q1 2022 in Europe would have the LG "82" (5L) pack... no ?

Reactions: AAKEE
On Tesla french configurator, and german too, (and probably others), range of Model3 Performance has just been modified to 547km estimated instead of 567WLTP!
One explanation would be that the TM3P Q1 2022 in Europe would have the LG "82" (5L) pack... no ?
Aoch!

The same is valid on the swedish part of tesla.com :confused:

I liked you post for excellent information ;)
But for the message itself its bad news.

The difference between LR with 580km(LG 75kWh) and Pana E3LD implies that the capacity is about 79kWh in the ”614km” battery, so maybe thats the real size of the ”big” LG ( E5LD).

547/567x82.1 give us the same number, about 79kWh.

Reactions: FredMt
I am pretty sure we see the V20 approval with the Performance as E5LD in the coming weeks.

View attachment 728390
Yes I totally agree, thank you.
In addition in this information, there is confirmation for the LR that 614wltp was only in anticipation of the LG 5L pack.
On the other hand it is mentioned 636wltp for the LR with 3L pack, had there not been seen some CoC at 640wltp at the beginning (before 614wltp) ?

Reactions: AAKEE
Yes I totally agree, thank you.
In addition in this information, there is confirmation for the LR that 614wltp was only in anticipation of the LG 5L pack.
On the other hand it is mentioned 636wltp for the LR with 3L pack, had there not been seen some CoC at 640wltp at the beginning (before 614wltp) ?
The 636km is just a reverse calculation of how far the Model 3 LR E3LD might have actually gone in the WLTP run, had they not limited the value to 614km. Maybe in foresight, that the LG 5L battery pack was just around the corner. The misprint of 640km in the COC of V15 E3LD LR is a funny coincidence? in that regard. Maybe that was the real value all along ;-)

Anyone else hear any rumors of new M3s being shipped without USB C connections up front? Random post on the M3 subreddit is reporting they have no USB connections and was told by SA that it’s due to a chip shortage. Could obviously be just internet rumors but I’d be surprised if true and it not being mentioned here.

Anyone else hear any rumors of new M3s being shipped without USB C connections up front? Random post on the M3 subreddit is reporting they have no USB connections and was told by SA that it’s due to a chip shortage. Could obviously be just internet rumors but I’d be surprised if true and it not being mentioned here.
I read that as well and it seems crazy that Tesla wouldn't let someone know ahead of time that they were going to be delivering a car to them with no ability to charge their phone/missing features promised in the specs when ordered. I wonder if it's an isolated incident (mistake in production) and Tesla gave them that story because they won't get the parts for a while.

I read that as well and it seems crazy that Tesla wouldn't let someone know ahead of time that they were going to be delivering a car to them with no ability to charge their phone/missing features promised in the specs when ordered. I wonder if it's an isolated incident (mistake in production) and Tesla gave them that story because they won't get the parts for a while.

Crazy is relative. Since the company has no PR department, whose job is it exactly to say "Hey, this won't go over well?". Maybe they realize it and jokingly add it to the queue of things for the PR department to deal with :)

I read a couple months ago that Tesla was leaving some cars unfinished (or something to that effect) because of the parts shortage, but I think that article implied those were things that might be finished later after parts arrive. I'm sorry, I don't have a link to that article. If I received one of these cars I would certainly submit a ticket to have it "fixed". Maybe they're waiting to see how many people don't seem to care to decide whether to drop it altogether?

I'm still thinking that my Q1 2021 M3 was the peak. All the 2021 improvements, still had radar, still had passenger lumbar support. Now add "Still had USB" to that.

I think April would have been best, I think those had the updated door panels. I'm not sure if all Q1 did.

Have a Q2 car, just missing radar. Of course for all anyone knows these recent updates have disabled radar and everyone is on vision

Mine is a February build, I like that I got the older panels. I did a carbon fiber dash replacement, with the new doors there is more wood to deal with.

Tim

Have a Q2 car, just missing radar. Of course for all anyone knows these recent updates have disabled radar and everyone is on vision
This is a huge difference, and it is clear that radar has not been disabled (except in FSD Beta, which uses Tesla Vision) due to the maximum allowed AP set speed of 90mph in radar-equipped vehicles.

Reactions: Jejunjm
Crazy is relative. Since the company has no PR department, whose job is it exactly to say "Hey, this won't go over well?". Maybe they realize it and jokingly add it to the queue of things for the PR department to deal with :)

I read a couple months ago that Tesla was leaving some cars unfinished (or something to that effect) because of the parts shortage, but I think that article implied those were things that might be finished later after parts arrive. I'm sorry, I don't have a link to that article. If I received one of these cars I would certainly submit a ticket to have it "fixed". Maybe they're waiting to see how many people don't seem to care to decide whether to drop it altogether?

I'm still thinking that my Q1 2021 M3 was the peak. All the 2021 improvements, still had radar, still had passenger lumbar support. Now add "Still had USB" to that.

Yes! Q1 for the win on having all the little details included AND having the lowest price this year. I‘m so glad we ordered early in the year and didn’t stall.

They have been delivering without the USB C and then going back and installing them at your local Service Center...

Reactions: ElectricIAC