Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what Tesla does. When I needed speed sensor harness from non performance version, I ended up literally going to the car standing on the display and speak out loud VIN of that car to him.

They just can't order otherwise.

Who cares if I have my VIN yet? If I want to set up 50 sets of wheels with Tesla BLE TPMS while I am waiting, why should it matter to them at all when or if I have a VIN to go with it?

Never experienced anything like that in the automotive space before.

Am I crazy? Does this match anyone else's experience with ordering Tesla parts?
I know. I wanted to order a bunch of stuff, but they don't let you unless you have a VIN. Which feels weird.

Maybe they want traceability on the purchase?

Could certainly be. Maybe in case of warranty or recall processing. But no other car manufacturers I have ever ordered parts from have required that level of tracking. And I have done tons of specialty mods, built engine for track car, etc.

I just hope that once I have the VIN the turnaround on the parts is quick or it will really cause problems for me getting my wheels built. C’est la vie. The world has bigger problems to worry about.

Could certainly be. Maybe in case of warranty or recall processing. But no other car manufacturers I have ever ordered parts from have required that level of tracking. And I have done tons of specialty mods, built engine for track car, etc.

I just hope that once I have the VIN the turnaround on the parts is quick or it will really cause problems for me getting my wheels built. C’est la vie. The world has bigger problems to worry about.
Whenever I've bought parts from a BMW dealer even just engine oil they always for my VIN. I guess they'd sell it to me either way but they always ask for the VIN first even when I have already given the part numbers.

Whenever I've bought parts from a BMW dealer even just engine oil they always for my VIN. I guess they'd sell it to me either way but they always ask for the VIN first even when I have already given the part numbers.
I have experienced this as well but usually in the context of the parts dept is trying to make sure the end user is not clueless and is ordering the correct part. Not as a condition of sale.

But I know what I need and they confirmed. So it is still odd from my perspective. Just have to be patient. Or be smart like the prior poster and grab the VIN off a floor display model!

Please, anybody knows if 2021 Chinese SR+ has heat pump?

Let me put it in context. I ordered an SR+ that is supposed to be delivered in Europe next February, but now Tesla is selling 2020 Chinese SR+ with a 4000e discount that will be delivered next month. I don't know if SR+ coming to Europe next February are from USA or from China but most people think that will be Chinese. I know that Chinese 2020 SR+ does not have heat pump but if 2021 SR+ has it, maybe it is worth the extra 4000e (I don't care the other changes or at least I wouldn't pay 4000e for them).

To top it all, it seems nobody knows if it's better LFP Chinese batteries or the new Panasonic batteries in the SR+ so I even don't know if it would be better if it comes from China or from the USA. AFAIK, Nobody knows supercharging rates or even Kwh in the SR+ for both batteries, I only know that Tesla says that the version I bought has a 430 km range while the cheaper one has 440 km!!!

As you see, I'm totally messed up! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I think I can confirm that 2021 SR+ comes from China in Europe. According to European Tesla websites, the 2021 SR+ weighs 3,847lbs (1,745kg) while the American website says that it weighs 3,582lbs (1,625kg). That difference is clearly because of using LFP (so Chinese) batteries.

Rear ceiling light panel.....

2 x USB in ceiling IMG_5573a.jpg IMG_5576.jpg

Well, I think I can confirm that 2021 SR+ comes from China in Europe. According to European Tesla websites, the 2021 SR+ weighs 3,847lbs (1,745kg) while the American website says that it weighs 3,582lbs (1,625kg). That difference is clearly because of using LFP (so Chinese) batteries.

I just spoke with Tesla Spain. They confirm that 2021 SR+ will come from California. I think nobody knows.

Haven't seen issues at the moment. I will check in detail on Saturday
I've given my Model 3 a thorough check Saturday, after cleaning.
Panel gaps are really OK. A bit wider compared to the BMW, but correctly aligned. A piece of plastic on the bottom of the A-pillar that is loose (and won't click into place)
I had some condensation in the light units at the back.
Interior is OK.

Reactions: Npap