Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's quite incorrect Q1 was mix of all types, Q2 only new Panasonic, Q3 only LG same as UK

I would say watch China page if they announce higher range in China in October then there is high probability Q4 will have bigger packs. Most likely scenario IMHO it will be mix of packs.

Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Spain etc are all LHD and all have the higher range listed on their sites for December delivery.

So...is Update 2021.32.5 the range update that all 82kWh drivers have been waiting for?

1630653311938.png

I ordered an M3 LR 21June and the range was 614 Km on the Swedish site. I have estimated delivery in November. Will I have the Panasonic battery or will it be LG?
Most likely the new MIC LG E5LD with 614km WLTP.

The only Model 3 with the known Panasonic 82kWh is the Model 3 Performance and with V20 they will probably certify it with the LG 5L as well, so China can focus completely on their own supply.

Reactions: Matt125
I updated my battery health spreadsheet today. I was surprised at how much different my Wh/mile and Projected range numbers were. In the end, the kWh calculation seems correct at 53.05.

Why such a big difference in the Wh/mile and Projected range numbers today?

View attachment 706197

View attachment 706196
Probably you were just driving downhill most recently. You can get very low consumptions over a short window, depending on the terrain and situation.

Reactions: DeltaOne
Do you know if this is the same for the UK Nov batch also?
This is all still a guessing process by looking at markers, but surely...once those LG 5C production lines are fully switched to 5L packs, then all countries that used to get the 5C cars are then getting the 5L cars.

I believe the expected 2022 model year release, probably in Q4, will also apply to the UK with an update on the website that shows 614km equivalent miles for the LR.

Reactions: Matt125
This is all still a guessing process by looking at markers, but surely...once those LG 5C production lines are fully switched to 5L packs, then all countries that used to get the 5C cars are then getting the 5L cars.

I believe the expected 2022 model year release, probably in Q4, will also apply to the UK with an update on the website that shows 614km equivalent miles for the LR.

Daily refreshing the UK site.waiting for it to change.

I'd take either the 380 for LR or 290 for SR (assuming new 60kwh pack in Q4).

Reactions: SR-Plus
Daily refreshing the UK site.waiting for it to change.
The 2021 Refresh was spotted on the Tesla website in the second week of October if I remember it correctly. Don't expect anything to be announced any sooner.
Are all the european Q3 (delivered now) Model 3 PERFORMANCE Model made in China??!? I mean the Whole Car (and battery)
Yes, apart from the 82kWh battery pack made by Panasonic in the US.

And I did that today, to my surprise the nominal max is now 76.8, up from 76.1. Not doing anything special, just charging 60-80% every 2-3 days.
10 days later ... after charging when dropping around 50+% till 80%, AC 11KW mixed with DC40KW , today I saw the NFP - 77.8Kwh, with full ideal range 568Km ... so things are recalibrating and the degradation seems to get in the average normal. Thank you all for the suggestions and good info. I appreciate it.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
10 days later ... after charging when dropping around 50+% till 80%, AC 11KW mixed with DC40KW , today I saw the NFP - 77.8Kwh, with full ideal range 568Km ... so things are recalibrating and the degradation seems to get in the average normal. Thank you all for the suggestions and good info. I appreciate it.
I wouldn't get too focused on those numbers.
Battery capacity figures are just estimations and they have a wide margin of error. The BMS can't actually 'measure' the capacity of the battery. Instead it estimates it based on a proprietary combination of coulomb counting and voltage.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life