Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: 3 Delivery experiences

WARREN PBH

Aug 8, 2021
If somebody asked me 2 years ago, if I'd own an electric car, I would have mocked you probably and just laughed. But after driving a Model 3 Performance in 2020 just before Covid, I knew I had to get one. But, yesterday I finally made the change. I did it NOT to save the environment, I did it because it's simply a better daily driver to me than nearly any other vehicle in its price range.

I sold my 2018 Fiesta ST for a 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor. What better to accompany and compliment my 900+whp 03 Cobra, being completely polar opposites."

Wall charger installed and charging at 11kW. Everything is as expected!

Ordered 5/18, Delivered 6/23

View attachment 677472

View attachment 677473

View attachment 677474

Shot a youtube video of the dat as well for those curious

Hayman

Jun 29, 2021
WYLIE TEXAS
Picked up my White Long range Model 3 on 8/16- ordered on 6/19. The car was in perfect condition. It was so weird that this whole car buying experience I really haven't spoken to anyone face to face. I ordered online without test driving. Someone from Tesla called me twice. Once to congratulate me and see if I had any questions when I first ordered and the second was to tell me that my delivery date was near and that he would send me an email. I drove to pick up my car with my son, who had already picked up his Tesla a month or so before. I opened my app when we arrived and I clicked accept delivery. We started walking the parking lot and one of the workers that were unloading cars asked if we had received the text to "pick up" and we told him yes and that we already had the app updating and he said great and drove off. LOL We pushed the trunk open button to figure out which car was mine. We checked out the car and drove off. LOL I don't like talking to people anyway so it was great for me but I expected that there would be a little more interaction! I'm not complaining though. I love this car!

doc333

Jun 18, 2020
florida
Picked up my M3 SR on 7/26 in Eatonville, Fl and was out the door start to finish in 40 minutes (and 30 minutes of that was for my inspection). Could not find ONE thing to complain about! Fit, finish, paint, gaps, etc were all PERFECT! I commented to the delivery rep that I was pleasantly surprised of the quality because of all the past comments of problems at delivery I had seen.... he said they have started to minutely inspect the cars with numerous QC people at the end of the production line to flag problems before they get loaded for transport. Don't know if that is true, but mine was perfect. LOVE THIS CAR!

Reactions: voxel and RISC601

parfon

Aug 2, 2021
Miami
I recently picked up a white m3sr+, I had to leave in a rush since they took a little longer than expected so I had to return to the Tesla store later that afternoon.
I noticed that my left rear window trim had a small misalignment but the rest was very well aligned so I rather not request repair on that window trim.
I also had red specks on the paint all over the car that seem to be removable by buffing the car, they will do so, I also had a loose driver seat cushion that will get fixed (hopefully).
Nothing major but all these issues should have been checked prior to delivery, I understand that they are backed up but at the end of the day we are paying full price and should receive our cars after been properly checked by them, not the customers.

ry-ballz

Mar 13, 2019
Colorado
I recently picked up a white m3sr+, I had to leave in a rush since they took a little longer than expected so I had to return to the Tesla store later that afternoon.
I noticed that my left rear window trim had a small misalignment but the rest was very well aligned so I rather not request repair on that window trim.
I also had red specks on the paint all over the car that seem to be removable by buffing the car, they will do so, I also had a loose driver seat cushion that will get fixed (hopefully).
Nothing major but all these issues should have been checked prior to delivery, I understand that they are backed up but at the end of the day we are paying full price and should receive our cars after been properly checked by them, not the customers.
0 chance I'd let Tesla attempt any sort of paint correction on my car

CoastieM3

Helicopter Pilot / M3 Driver
Jul 24, 2021
SF
Shout out to Jenny at the Colma, CA location. Great SA, responsive and patient. Handled my various “you sure you don’t know when I get a VIN?” emails well. Followed-up after delivery to see how everything was going.

FrankTheTank

Aug 13, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Had an interesting experience at pickup. Showed up right at my scheduled time. Could not find any Tesla employees anywhere. There were a bunch of us waiting. Finally found someone who called someone to come get me.

Guy asked me to sit down and send the payment (I was using plaid to pay online). I asked if I could look at the car first before I paid and he had this weird look and said "ah, okay. If you really want to". I asked if it was weird to look at something first before paying $45,000 and he said "yes, it is is bit unusual here". He then told me they allocate 15-20 minutes per pickup to which I told him I would take as long as needed to look at the car.

After that things went fine and I love the car and the guy turned out to be nice, just a little off. I just cant help but thinking how bizarre it is that everyone at Tesla thinks you should be grateful for the privledge of buying their product. This attitude towards customers needs to change ASAP or they will eventually get run over by competition.

MrAntonius

Sep 19, 2021
ATX
So to add in my recent delivery experience. Got the day before text/email detailing pickup location and time. Day of delivery I got a text stating it would be delayed an hour or so because they were busy, etc. When the 'ready' text came, my wife and I drove to the pickup location which was a large parking lot behind a church maybe half a mile or so from the service center. Several rows of new Teslas in various states of preparation and exactly zero Tesla employees....lol. A couple other folks getting their car and that's it. Thankfully I ordered red/white or I might still be reviewing VIN's to figure out which one was mine. Small printed sheet saying 'Congratulations and welcome to the family' on my center console and rest of paperwork on front seat.
Lack of employees gave us plenty of time to look over the car from the outside. It looked great so went ahead and accepted delivery. Got in, did final check over, set up driver profile and drove off. Maybe 30 minutes total.

Surreal but strangely satisfying experience and diametrically opposite from my last two BMW deliveries.

M3P red/white/no FSD....order 8/16, VIN ~8/29, delivery 9/14.

RobC2

Sep 17, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Had an interesting experience at pickup. Showed up right at my scheduled time. Could not find any Tesla employees anywhere. There were a bunch of us waiting. Finally found someone who called someone to come get me.

Guy asked me to sit down and send the payment (I was using plaid to pay online). I asked if I could look at the car first before I paid and he had this weird look and said "ah, okay. If you really want to". I asked if it was weird to look at something first before paying $45,000 and he said "yes, it is is bit unusual here". He then told me they allocate 15-20 minutes per pickup to which I told him I would take as long as needed to look at the car.

After that things went fine and I love the car and the guy turned out to be nice, just a little off. I just cant help but thinking how bizarre it is that everyone at Tesla thinks you should be grateful for the privledge of buying their product. This attitude towards customers needs to change ASAP or they will eventually get run over by competition.
We must have had the same guy. Haha. I also asked about looking the car over before signing and he acted weird. Then said he could just rip the papers up if there were any issues.

RobC2

Sep 17, 2021
Charlotte, NC
We took delivery of my wife's Model 3 yesterday at the local Service Center and it was an odd experience. We did everything we could online, so that left only a few papers to sign. The guy then gave us the key cards and said to take as long as we wanted and flash the lights if we had any questions. After that, we could accept delivery and be on our way. We have purchased many new cars and this was probably the quickest and easiest ever. Still the lingering feeling was odd and the people weren't unpleasant, but just seemed off. Anyway, we love the car. Still learning all the features.

Bbykay

Sep 12, 2021
California
My Model 3 was dropped off at my house this morning at 6:30 am. Everything looks great except I have a paint chip on my frunk, a paint chip on the back right passenger door framing, and something nicked my back right rim and tire (the rim is missing a small chunk and the tire is ripped in the same spot). I'll be reaching out to Tesla to see what they can do for me. Other than that, I love the car. Got most of my accessories in and took it for a spin around the neighborhood.

907tracer

Jul 20, 2021
Idaho
Got my M3P delivered about 2 months ago and love this car. However, this post is to say how great it was working with the Boise service center. I work out of town half my life and it looked like taking delivery was going to be impossible. Thanks to the Boise Team that worked got me my car before I left town!

Reactions: house9

BigTimeWatts

Aug 16, 2021
Los Angeles
As a long time Tesla hater, I ordered a Model 3 Long Range back in June. I got burnt out car dealers while shopping for my ideal ICE car (Honda Type R and M2 Competition) so I ordered after driving my friend's MYP and feeling the acceleration.

I went to a Tesla Corsa Event on 9/18 a few weeks before my car was to be delivered and loved driving one of the attendees cars so much I changed my order to a Performance that evening. My car was originally supposed to be delivered 9/30 but after I changed my order, Tesla started blowing up my account saying they could fulfill the order sooner. I had a few friends in Tesla that told me they fulfill the higher optioned cars first and combined with the end of quarter they rushed my delivery.

It was the weirdest delivery I have ever had for a car. The delivery guy was literally getting into an Uber as I came out of my apartment to claim the car. No explanation of anything with the vehicle except my valet keys were in the cupholder.

I love this thing so much. I now understand what the hype was about.

RRGM3.jpg

Reactions: AxelR and RobC2

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC