Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you purchased the Acceleration Boost for your non-P DM, can you share what your car does from 60MPH to say, 110MPH (or top end)? Or is this $2000 software “boost” only formatted up until 60MPH? Thank you.

it’s quite the opposite. It’s essentially a P but slower in the 0-30. The upstairs gains from the boost are massive. I don’t have the data to share but I promise you. I’ve driven a lot of high powered cars and have a feel for these things. Look up the Drag Times video. It essentially ties a P in a rolling race. Regular AWD would die in a rolling race with a P.

Tesla, because they’re awesome, gave us all they could without pissing off the P owners with a close 0-60. Check out the 1/4 trap times in the spreadsheet.

Noticed the boost option has changed a bit for our 2019 DM. Does that indicate our car got/getting an update from 4.4secs to 4.2 or if we were to purchase the upgrade our older model would achieve 3.7 0-60?
5D48C8B0-88B3-42A6-862A-8EFB489D099A.png

Noticed the boost option has changed a bit for our 2019 DM. Does that indicate our car got/getting an update from 4.4secs to 4.2 or if we were to purchase the upgrade our older model would achieve 3.7 0-60? View attachment 602347
I would defer to the actual runs by people with the car. Many are documented in this tread. About 3.7 no rollout or 3.5 with rollout with boost vs 4.1 and 3.9 without for the most current (pun intended) software

I just had a loaner Model S 75D for an entire weekend while my model 3 was in service. It felt noticeably quicker off the line. So, I looked up the VIN and it was a 2018, and based on the specs, it supposedly ran 3.7 0-60 after a free software boost from 4.2s.

Does anyone know if that's with or without rollout? Either way, if that was a glimpse into what I can expect with the AB, then I think it's definitely worth it. I'm pacing my spending at the moment, but I'm planning to purchase the boost in January, after all of the holiday spendings.

I just had a loaner Model S 75D for an entire weekend while my model 3 was in service. It felt noticeably quicker off the line. So, I looked up the VIN and it was a 2018, and based on the specs, it supposedly ran 3.7 0-60 after a free software boost from 4.2s.

Does anyone know if that's with or without rollout? Either way, if that was a glimpse into what I can expect with the AB, then I think it's definitely worth it. I'm pacing my spending at the moment, but I'm planning to purchase the boost in January, after all of the holiday spendings.

AFAIK the uncorked S75D is ~4.2 without rollout, around 3.7-3.8 with it (unless they got another, more recent, boost)

Which is only marginally quicker than an LR AWD Model 3 (which is ~3.9 with rollout), and an AWD+ (with boost) should definitely be quicker than the S.

I’m wondering- does anyone have any data about LR AWD acceleration degrading with decreasing SOC? If the batteries and motors (at least before they changed the motor number) are the same between P and LR, shouldn’t it be the case that LR acceleration shouldn’t degrade until the equivalent point where P couldn’t hit 3.7 seconds?

In other words, if a P would need to go down to 30% charge to have acceleration degrade to 3.7 seconds, wouldn’t that mean that a boosted LR AWD shouldn’t see any performance decline at all until 30% SOC?

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
I’m wondering- does anyone have any data about LR AWD acceleration degrading with decreasing SOC?....
Here is some info I got from somewhere.

At 90% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 367 kW (492 hp)
At 70% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 355 kW (476 hp)
At 50% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 338 kW (453 hp)
At 30% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 319 kW (428 hp)
At 10% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes a peak of 243 kW (326 hp), after which it immediately begins to tail off

Here is some info I got from somewhere.

At 90% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 367 kW (492 hp)
At 70% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 355 kW (476 hp)
At 50% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 338 kW (453 hp)
At 30% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes an average of 319 kW (428 hp)
At 10% SoC the Model 3 AWD+ makes a peak of 243 kW (326 hp), after which it immediately begins to tail off

good stuff! I assume someone here has data like that for P...

I think it's a bug with Dragy as I've had that same problem before. Probably the time zone's are not set properly or something in the shoddy programming. I'd just wait until the end of the 1st or the 2nd of the month before doing any run's you want on the leaderboard for the new month.