Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
760F04AF-C1CB-4220-A09E-4A854FE67390.jpeg
I have the boost. I also have HW 2.5, I’m in Canada, and I am downloading the newest update as we speak. :)

This is what you see. :)

Reactions: Vaillant and Cronn
Ok stupid question...are y’all doing one pedal driving/ hold or roll. I understand the whole concept of hold but does it seem like it’s decreasing the acceleration a bit? Maybe it’s in my head. I’m normally a roll person but wanted your thoughts.
It feels like that to me also where the go pedal (I don't think gas pedal applies :) is fighting the regen. Especially in reverse but I know that's not the case. It would be cool if part of the hold you could get a hybrid auto pilot help there for reading cars / stop lines so you're not having to guess when to let off the 'go pedal' to time up the hold so that you're not stopping way short. If that makes any sense, I promise it does in my head.

OK, I have Chill, Sport, and there's a red underline under the Dual Motor on the app and on the splash screen. I think I'll stop asking questions now : )
Crazy you got a Performance (software only) model 3 when just trying to buy LR AWD? To bad you didn't buy a lottery ticket on the same day #winning

Crazy you got a Performance (software only) model 3 when just trying to buy LR AWD? To bad you didn't buy a lottery ticket on the same day #winning
Yeah, the funny thing is I was on the fence about the acceleration boost because the car is so fast already. I guess I know why now. I got it in Oct 18 when configs were changing seemingly every week.

Yeah, the funny thing is I was on the fence about the acceleration boost because the car is so fast already. I guess I know why now. I got it in Oct 18 when configs were changing seemingly every week.

Can we see your invoice or a screenshot of your account profile with the car? You have the unicorn of unicorns if you really only got charged for an AWD. Talk about some great luck. I have only heard of this happening once before.

I'm sorry but seriously? I find it VERY hard to believe that you got a performance software applied to the car by chance.... UNLESS your car WAS a stealth car in inventory, but matched the same specs of a dual motor car non performance you wanted - and then the delivery team forgot to flash the software back and downgrade it to dual motor non-performance.

The fact that you never realized you had a performance version is a bit ignorant to say the least.

I'd also like to see your invoice showing which trim you bought.

Where do you get the stealth version?
They are limited pretty much to the US now. Last summer some came available in Canada, and back in sept/18 before they bundled the big wheels and brakes you could order it from the website (but back then it was 84k CAD to buy, and now you can get full performance for 75k CAD...less than what I paid for my AWD + paint + EAP :().

But as far as I know right now you can't get one in Canada and none of the sales people know much about them.

OK, I have Chill, Sport, and there's a red underline under the Dual Motor on the app and on the splash screen. I think I'll stop asking questions now : )

Jealous. Tesla faked me out (and the delivery tech) at delivery.

They gave me an LR AWD (now it’s AWD+ cause I paid $2k) but it had the Dual Motor Performance external badge on the rear of the car. I might as well slap fake quad exhaust tips on it!

Now everyone is scared to come at me (so I tell myself) but I’m still half a second slower than the P3D!

Wish they’d just hook it up already.

Reactions: omkar and phantasms
Jealous. Tesla faked me out (and the delivery tech) at delivery.

They gave me an LR AWD (now it’s AWD+ cause I paid $2k) but it had the Dual Motor Performance external badge on the rear of the car. I might as well slap fake quad exhaust tips on it!

Now everyone is scared to come at me (so I tell myself) but I’m still half a second slower than the P3D!

Wish they’d just hook it up already.

do you have the red underline underneath “dual motor” on your screen? If so then you do have a full-on performance stealth.