Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who is "they", what testing did they do, and why would they need guidance if they did testing?

Also the car not being set up for dyno testing- the existence of a dyno mode only became public (found hidden in an EPA document) earlier this year.

When the car mags do testing of a car, they typically coordinate the article with the auto manufacturer. Every mag used the 450hp figure so it was probably at the guidance of Tesla. Motortrend has an especially tight relationship with Tesla and they were one of the first with the 450hp description of the Model 3 Performance.

Also, the latest dyno test were done after dyno mode was released.

Tested: Tesla Model 3 Performance And Standard Range Plus Dyno Results

472hp was the result of the Performance model. I'm just trying to reconcile why the big difference.

My June 0-60 run (80% SoC) and the worst so far. May try to improve it in the next week or so.
IMG_4502.png

3rd party acceleration boost now available for order at ~half the price:

BOOST 50

Not for me, but perhaps interesting for some.

That seems like a sure fire way of voiding your warranty on your battery, motors, and transmission. And, what's to say that it doesn't mess with future OTA updates?

No thank you.

These aftermarket spoof hacks should tap into the niche within a niche market of Model 3/Ys that end up in off the radar, under-served regions of the world that either a. have no official Tesla presence (Service Centers, Mobile Service, Supercher network) and or where b. salvage title or frankenstein builds come back to life (replaced SIMs/eSIMs, hacked motors, swapped out charging ports, etc etc).

The other group interested in this are the pay to play crowd who after doing everything possible to their cars to solicit attention, including moarh go-fast, with little to no care for the consequences and drivetrain limitations.
Look Ma, 'I' hacked my vanilla AWD and now its faster er er than that Performance+ on forged staggered 18s without the back seats that lives aroundd the corner. I can race him for pinks.

Will either be a good revenue generator and customer base thats not a headache to deal with for the Canadian shop that developed this, its Americas, EMEA, APAC reseller/jobbers and installers? Probably not. But hey, more power to them I guess.

The other group interested in this are the pay to play crowd who after doing everything possible to their cars to solicit attention said:
Do you really think that everyone who mods their car is a “ricer” or has zero regard for the reliability of their battery and motors? People have been modifying cars for ages by trying to get more power out of them. Few years back, Lexus sold an is300 and is350. They had the exact same motor but Lexus choked off 25whp off the top end in the is300. You could spend $3500 more for the 350 or buy the 300 and a $600 tune from RR Racing and put down the same/better numbers. Some people want to mod cars, others are just happy to buy the most expensive trim and be done with it. To each their own...

Thanks for the link. After reading 18 pages of posts it seems only one person said they had ordered the stage 1 boost package but nothing after that to confirm they installed it and what the result was. It is pretty clear the summary is to stay away from this aftermarket product.

The main issue/concern is the voiding the warranty bit.
If Telsa offered you in the first year of ownership $900 to void your warranty would you take it?

Most wouldn't so either direct from Telsa (keep warranty intact for $2000) or 3rd party for $1100 and void your warranty and/or risk it not working if you update the car.
If you own FSD updating your car is something you already paid $7K for. If you don't have FSD I still think the updates will offer more long term than accel boost does.

While I am grateful companies are offering this service and pushing the envelope the reality of the situation just doesn't make any sense to me.
If people are going to take that level of risk the reward would need to be more than something already available from Telsa.

Reactions: Scott7 and TyH2009
The main issue/concern is the voiding the warranty bit.
If Telsa offered you in the first year of ownership $900 to void your warranty would you take it?

Most wouldn't so either direct from Telsa (keep warranty intact for $2000) or 3rd party for $1100 and void your warranty and/or risk it not working if you update the car.
If you own FSD updating your car is something you already paid $7K for. If you don't have FSD I still think the updates will offer more long term than accel boost does.

While I am grateful companies are offering this service and pushing the envelope the reality of the situation just doesn't make any sense to me.
If people are going to take that level of risk the reward would need to be more than something already available from Telsa.

And just to be clear, one is voiding the warranty on the motor(s), not the entire car. Perhaps Tesla could argue that this impacts every electronic function in the vehicle, but I believe the burden of proof is on them to show cause. I'm not saying this isn't a big deal as we all know motors are expensive, but the people have played the mod game for a long time and forums were generally filled with car enthusiasts more supportive of modifying stock vehicles. Almost no one would criticize the addition of a 5hp adding, $200 cold-air intake on a Honda Civic that could suck up water and hydrolock a motor, but we all knew it was a possibility and a risk most were willing to take.