Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, got one drive in and afterwards FSD refused to engage afterwards (Cruise Not Avaliable). Visualization and Path Planning looked to be working, but FSD would not engage.

Resetting with scroll wheels didn’t help, and trying to power off the car didn’t actually power it off.
Same exact thing here. One drive and then nada. If I turn off Beta, Cruise and AP show available, but if I engage AP the car screams and warns me to take over after about 20 seconds. Does yours do that too?

Reactions: impastu
Safety Score still displayed after car finished installing Beta software. There was a newer version of the Tesla app available on the App store, downloaded that and safety Score was gone. Previously I had to install a new version app to get the Safety Score.

Does anyone know what criteria are being monitored to determine if you remain on the Beta program now that the Safety Score is gone?

Is it simply X number of forced disengagements?

Same exact thing here. One drive and then nada. If I turn off Beta, Cruise and AP show available, but if I engage AP the car screams and warns me to take over after about 20 seconds. Does yours do that too?
I didn’t try disabling the beta and engaging AP. I did go on the freeway and after a while, it went back to normal AP and worked just fine, but as soon as I got off of the freeway, FSD was still stuck and unable to engage.

The interesting thing I noticed is that the path line in the FSD visualization is blue even tho it isn’t engaged. I thought it was supposed to be grey when FSD isn’t active…

Just curious, have you tried powering off your car via the service menu? It doesn’t seem to work on mine anymore (mcu goes black, but powers on immediately as soon as the gas is touched), I wonder if something on the FSD computer is stuck.

I’ve also noticed that my Model 3 isn’t sleeping.

Hmm, got one drive in and afterwards FSD refused to engage afterwards (Cruise Not Avaliable). Visualization and Path Planning looked to be working, but FSD would not engage.

Resetting with scroll wheels didn’t help, and trying to power off the car didn’t actually power it off.
Me too, no auto steer, NoA, FSD, or cruise control after 10.3 update, did reset, power off and camera recalibrate, no luck. 2018 MX.

Did a quick 10 mile drive. Mostly residential with some really curvy streets. Overall, it did feel better. Creeping seems better, but no traffic to interact with so who knows really? It blew through one stop sign in a situation where there’s a wide median dividing the road, and to cross the street you have a stop sign at both the cross street and another stop sign at the median you have to stop at, and it blew through the second stop sign. No cars of course at three am so I let it happen and snap shot it. I wonder if it is them attempting to fix Frenchie’s doubled up stop signs and thus ignoring the second stop sign here? No way to know, since I unfortunately didn’t test it out before.

Interesting, I left my car plugged in for 30m and it never went to sleep. I was planning on doing some Windows troubleshooting (disconnecting power/12v), but decided to see if it was working. Surprisingly, FSD was working. No idea what happened, but I’ve disabled FSD Beta for now.

Interesting, I left my car plugged in for 30m and it never went to sleep. I was planning on doing some Windows troubleshooting (disconnecting power/12v), but decided to see if it was working. Surprisingly, FSD was working. No idea what happened, but I’ve disabled FSD Beta for now.
Seeing on Twitter (#fsdbeta) that just leaving the car alone for a period of time after running into the FSD disabled issue seems to fix things.
Also appears this bug has occurred to previous FSD Beta users. Waiting reportedly resolves this issue. Have not seen a solid wait time established for the bug to "go away", but I have not researched extensively.

Safety Score still displayed after car finished installing Beta software. There was a newer version of the Tesla app available on the App store, downloaded that and safety Score was gone. Previously I had to install a new version app to get the Safety Score.

Does anyone know what criteria are being monitored to determine if you remain on the Beta program now that the Safety Score is gone?

Is it simply X number of forced disengagements?
HI, safety score tab disappeared immediately after the 2021.36.5.2 update was done and there was no new app in the store I needed to d/l.

HI, safety score tab disappeared immediately after the 2021.36.5.2 update was done and there was no new app in the store I needed to d/l.
I thought that this happened to everyone. When I first got Beta my safety score disappeared. Haven't seen it since. I did get the android update to the Tesla app a couple of days ago and it didn't show there either. Just an FYI...

Did any 99‘s get the email, or did they just get the update?
Yes got an email at 2:55a EST that Beta is downloading shortly. Installing now.

Full email:

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635078412603.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

The Tesla Team

Just took two quick drives. Overall a little better basically due to first two observations.
  • 90 degree turns seemed smoother in both directions.
  • Did relatively well on a sharp 120 degree right hand turn that until 10.3 FSD bailed on.
  • Seemed to creep a little quicker but need to drive more.
  • Seemed to move into turning lanes sooner but too early to tell.
  • Still unable to enter rotary without taking 30 seconds to make up its mind. Then once I gave it a nudge it was terrible going around the rotary which on 10.2 it did reasonably well.
  • Approached my street for a right hand turn near the end of my drive and even reducing the speed to 15mph from the posted 30mph it went past and disengaged on its own. Extremely obstructed view with evergreens so wasn't expecting any improvement. Requires creeping right hand turn which I have reported to FSDbeta team. Not just creeping to determine when to go but continuing the creep at 5mph throughout the turn. I suspect this will take a long time to be added. Could easily be a head on without creeping. Frankly if FSD just reroutes that would be ok with me since you cannot deal with every edge case just don't disengage and stop in the middle of the road.
  • After disengaging TAAC is enabled which I find problematic and actually unsafe as it wants to accelerate.
  • Stopped 100 feet before a light that its done fine with before. No cars behind me. Eventually had to nudge it when it turned green. Odd.
  • Still phantom braking. On average once per mile. Hard to tell if its braking or just reducing speed. Very annoying.